Thread: Your big moment on the field!

broke_back_mnt Guest

Default Your big moment on the field!

I know we have some legends reading this board, and we have some not so legendary football players too. *I was undistinguished myself, but I had my moments. *

It might be fun to hear from others that have felt they had their moment too. *Both champions and the guys that rode the pines. *After all, we made the game what it is today! * 8-)

1966 West Fargo Packers.

I was in on the fourth string defense at outside linebacker, right side. *Most of us guys were in there to give the starters confidence for the big game next day. *We had a star running back, probably top 5 in the state. *His name was Greg Rodriguez. *

He is still my friend, I imagine, but it has been a few yrs. His brothers boy was starting on a couple of Packer State Championship teams, at running back, a few yrs ago.

They sent Redriguez up the middle. *A big hole opened! *Greg had big daylight!!! *I moved quickly to the left and hit him square, *convincingly, just below the knees. *He went down hard! Short gain on what looked to be a sure TD.

Coach Rice, great man, hollered “WAY TO HIT!! WHO MADE THAT TACKLE?”

Somebody yelled my last name and coach just threw up his hands and walked away. * *

Default Re: Your big moment on the field!

My big moment on the field was with a mob of Bison fans in the north end zone at memorial stadium in grand forks immeditately following Jeff Bentrim's record breaking touchdown in 1986. Unfortunately we were flagged 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

533 In a row

Trimmy Guest

Hope you didn't slip on any of the ice. * ;D

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior
    My big moment on the field was with a mob of Bison fans in the north end zone at memorial stadium in grand forks immeditately following Jeff Bentrim's record breaking touchdown in 1986. Unfortunately we were flagged 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I have the video tape to prove this one.

Bison_Dan Guest

My big moment on the field was with a mob of Bison fans in the north end zone at memorial stadium in grand forks immeditately following Jeff Bentrim's record breaking touchdown in 1986. *Unfortunately we were flagged 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.
    That was the field where our good friend rt didn't clear the field of ice risking injury to our players and his. I remember we even offered to bring our flame throwers down that we cleared Dakota field with but he declined. That's why I was glad that we ran up the score. He's a real class act. :

My big moment on the field was with a mob of Bison fans in the north end zone at memorial stadium in grand forks immeditately following Jeff Bentrim's record breaking touchdown in 1986. *Unfortunately we were flagged 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Sambini was there ----No shirt on hugging Benny.........guns flarin

Those were the days+++++++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB