Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Bracketology

Default Re: Final Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I remember when the bunnies went out to Montana in 2009. I watched the game as I was a bit jealous that they made the FCS playoffs before the Bison did. They jumped all over the Griz but had what can only be termed an epic meltdown in the 4th quarter and ended up getting killed. I think they gave up over 60 points in the game, if memory serves me correctly. I wonder if anyone on the team has been reminded of that meltdown yet.
    I remember that one. The bunnies could have knelt down on almost every play...let the clock run...and won the game. It was a colossal meltdown filled with 2nd half turnovers. Bunnies kept passing and stopping the clock...when they weren't being intercepted.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

The thing with ISU-R this year is Roberson has not thrown the ball well. He has a completion % of 48 on the year. If you can contain Coprich and Roberson running (which easier said than done), they are very beatable.
    COACH BOHL: We have a great, rich tradition at North Dakota State. The school has won eight National Championships in football. And so we've got a lot of pride, not only with these guys ‑‑ and D.J. alluded to it ‑‑ Bison pride. That goes all the way back to the '60s, I believe 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLover View Post
    The thing with ISU-R this year is Roberson has not thrown the ball well. He has a completion % of 48 on the year. If you can contain Coprich and Roberson running (which easier said than done), they are very beatable.
    So if you can complete a very difficult task it the rest would be easy

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLover View Post
    Ha ha...sorry coach, did you see the catches their new WR Anthony Warrum is making, he is playing like Ryan Smith. Last game of the season against USD, Tre Roberson throws the ball, the ball sails in the air and is off target, Anthony Warrum, goes up makes a catch in traffic comes down with the ball and makes a flip like Ryan Smith. You cannot just look at Tre Roberson and Coprich, they have some playmaker that have stepped up and with our secondary this year it will be very hard for us IF we make it that far.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Whatever team makes it through the bracket we are in will probably be beat up by the time Frisco comes.

3 weeks off between semi's and Frisco

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Whatever team makes it through the bracket we are in will probably be beat up by the time Frisco comes.
    Maybe, but I doubt it would be more than the Bison were after Wofford and Ga Southern. Championship went ok after that.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Maybe, but I doubt it would be more than the Bison were after Wofford and Ga Southern. Championship went ok after that.
    Those games were brutal. Breitenstein and then McKinnon and Swope just running the ball almost 70 times between them over those couple of games. Wofford rushed the ball as a team 51 times for 262 yards and GSU rushed 55 times for 271 yards. Our defense took a beating. Just looking at offensive stats for the Bison, they weren't good games, so they were taking a beating, as well. SHSU was supposed to be a knockdown fight but compared to the two earlier matchups, they weren't in the same weight class.

I think the top programs across FCS has figured out if they want to be successful they have to be willing to play a very physical style of football. I doubt there will be many matchup at all in the playoffs where physical play will be absent. The programs who successfully progress through the playoffs will be the ones who can rebound quickly and be ready again in 6 or 7 days. This is where I think the MVFC schools have an advantage. They are used to getting beat up every week and turning around and doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Those games were brutal. Breitenstein and then McKinnon and Swope just running the ball almost 70 times between them over those couple of games. Wofford rushed the ball as a team 51 times for 262 yards and GSU rushed 55 times for 271 yards. Our defense took a beating. Just looking at offensive stats for the Bison, they weren't good games, so they were taking a beating, as well. SHSU was supposed to be a knockdown fight but compared to the two earlier matchups, they weren't in the same weight class.

I think the top programs across FCS has figured out if they want to be successful they have to be willing to play a very physical style of football. I doubt there will be many matchup at all in the playoffs where physical play will be absent. The programs who successfully progress through the playoffs will be the ones who can rebound quickly and be ready again in 6 or 7 days. This is where I think the MVFC schools have an advantage. They are used to getting beat up every week and turning around and doing it again.
    The Wofford FB was a beast. Loved watching him play. The 1st GS game was one of the best Defensive games Ive seen the Bison play.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The Wofford FB was a beast. Loved watching him play. The 1st GS game was one of the best Defensive games Ive seen the Bison play.
    Yeah, with Wofford it was like a George Foreman fight. Just taking heavy punch after heavy punch with Foreman looking for a knockout that didn't happen. The 2nd GSU game was two heavyweights trading blows and 8 counts until NDSU hit 'em with a uppercut right before the final bell. BBG was right, they were as brutal of back to back beatdowns this team took and still was standing in the end with victories. Both programs brought it on both sides of the ball.

The 1st GSU game was as technically sound and tactically proficient a defensive effort by the Bison maybe ever. They played that game like their actual lives were on the line. When you can narrow it down and say just about every player on every play was exactly where they were supposed to be, it speaks volumes of how tuned in and focused they were at the time. I have a feeling this young group today will start zoning into what it takes individually for them to effectively destroy offenses as a team. They have all the proof out there how one way works and another doesn't. We shall see if the lessons start making sense to them. I think the light bulb has started to come on for most of them.