Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBS Top 4 week 2

Default FBS Top 4 week 2

1. Clemson
    2. Bama
    3. The Ohio State
    4. Notre Dame

Thoughts? I think Iowa should be in right now instead of Ohio State but that will sort itself out. Oklahoma would have a strong argument but MN Longhorn's boys beat them. I'd love it to stay this way as I think Notre Dame can beat Clemson in a rematch. They had a great but frustrating game in the monsoon earlier this season.
    Last edited by ByeSonBusiness; 11-18-2015 at 12:48 PM.
    College of Business Alumnus

Default Re: FBS Top 4 week 2

I think Iowa is ranked too high and Oklahoma is ranked too low.

But, I think the committee is just positioning itself to be prepared for the outcome of the remaining games. If Iowa wins out and wins the Big 10 championship game, they're in, and should be. If one of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, or Baylor win out, then they'd be tough to keep out, but they can probably find an excuse to keep them out if they want to.

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JDZ View Post
    I think Iowa is ranked too high and Oklahoma is ranked too low.

But, I think the committee is just positioning itself to be prepared for the outcome of the remaining games. If Iowa wins out and wins the Big 10 championship game, they're in, and should be. If one of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, or Baylor win out, then they'd be tough to keep out, but they can probably find an excuse to keep them out if they want to.
    I have a tough time seeing how Baylor jumps Notre Dame if both teams win out, especially if Oklahoma wins out and wins the Big 12. Baylor has a 10 point loss to Oklahoma at home while Notre Dame has a 2 point loss to the No. 1 team on the road in the rain. That being said, as a Notre Dame fan, I'm cheering for Baylor this weekend against Oklahoma State. Just want the Big 12 to keep cannibalizing itself and Notre Dame should be in if they win out.

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    I have a tough time seeing how Baylor jumps Notre Dame if both teams win out, especially if Oklahoma wins out and wins the Big 12. Baylor has a 10 point loss to Oklahoma at home while Notre Dame has a 2 point loss to the No. 1 team on the road in the rain. That being said, as a Notre Dame fan, I'm cheering for Baylor this weekend against Oklahoma State. Just want the Big 12 to keep cannibalizing itself and Notre Dame should be in if they win out.
    I am thinking the same. Plus, it's virtually impossible to know with the Big 12 because they play nobody. At all. They don't even appear to try to.
    College of Business Alumnus

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I am thinking the same. Plus, it's virtually impossible to know with the Big 12 because they play nobody. At all. They don't even appear to try to.
    And Oklahoma has the worst loss of any 1-loss team. Texas is a common opponent between Notre Dame and Oklahoma and the Irish absolutely dominated that game. Yeah, the Irish are a completely different team but I have a tough team seeing how Oklahoma jumps Notre Dame based on the common opponent, but that might just be the homer in me talking.

I just want to see Baylor take out Oklahoma State this weekend and then the Cowboys turn around and take out the Sooners in Bedlam.

My wife is from Iowa and a Hawkeye fan at heart (but a hardcore Bison convert) and me a life long Bison fan with ties to Univ of Iowa...it's been a really good football season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Let's all pull for Iowa winning out, including the National Championship. It'll make our win in Iowa City that much sweeter next year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Let's all pull for Iowa winning out, including the National Championship. It'll make our win in Iowa City that much sweeter next year!!!
    That and a possible matchup of National Champions... Something a few on here have asked for in the past.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Here's what your New Year's Bowl line up would include based on the latest from the committee:

Semifinals:
    Orange (because ACC): #1 Clemson v. #4 Notre Dame
    Cotton: #2 Alabama v. #3 Ohio State

Sugar:
    #6 Oklahoma State (Big 12) v. #8 Florida (SEC)

Rose:
    #5 Iowa (Big 10) v. #11 Stanford (PAC 12)

Peach & Fiesta pick 4:
    #16 Navy (highest non-contract conference champion)
    #7 Oklahoma (next highest)
    #9 Michigan State (next highest)
    #10 Baylor (next highest)

Guessing Navy/Baylor Peach Bowl and Oklahoma/Michigan State Fiesta Bowl.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    I have a tough time seeing how Baylor jumps Notre Dame if both teams win out, especially if Oklahoma wins out and wins the Big 12.
    Good point. I probably should not have included Baylor in my statement. Also, good point about Oklahoma. Notre Dame should remain higher than OU, assuming they both win out.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I agree when it comes to OSU, Baylor, and TCU. But, according to Sagarin, Big 12 teams have 4 of the 8 toughest schedules and 6 of the 13 toughest. OU's schedule is slightly easier than Notre Dame's.