Thread: Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Got a PM because a user (daveds) couldn't get registered. Turns out that he was in the "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" queue.

Here's how the registration process works:

1. You register (which puts you in "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" queue
    2. The board automatically sends you an email that you have to click a link on to get into the "Users Awaiting Moderation" queue (this is where I have to manually approve a user - this is to weed out spammers)
    3. I check your IP address and user name to make sure that they're not listed as spam or that somebody with the same user name hasn't registered on 100 bulletin boards in the last week.

What I found is that there are over 1000 users in the "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" queue which means that the email that bisonville.com sends out automatically must be getting flagged as spam by peoples' email systems fairly frequently. Just based on the email addresses, I can tell that the vast majority were not spambots (because spambots would be very useless if they failed to that step.)

Bottom line: Trying to get registered on bisonville.com has been a very frustrating and unsuccessful process for a lot of people. Sorry about that - I'll try to come up with a solution.

Default Re: Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Enough assholes in this place already.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

LMAO!!

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Explains why we haven't heard from Dragonsfan lately???

Purple
    Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

We need to throughly vet these people. Who knows what could happen
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans