Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology....Selection Sunday a Week Away...

Default Re: Bracketology....Selection Sunday a Week Away...

They better bid big, UNI has a history of doing the same thing.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

"but the winner either way is going to be a bus trip to Sioux Falls."
    I see a couple mentions of SDSU playing in Sioux Falls. Is that correct they're giving up on Caughlin Alumni Stadium for playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Moose View Post
    I see a couple mentions of SDSU playing in Sioux Falls. Is that correct they're giving up on Caughlin Alumni Stadium for playoffs?
    Yes, this is confirmed. They are immediately starting the work to have it ready for next year as Dana Dykhouse Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Moose View Post
    Well they could play at Brookings but the field would be entirely frozen rutted mud...I guess it would not be much of change from the previous playing surface.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    So, the FH's lay out big money for a game that very few of their fans will care about (poor attendance) while their football team gets it's ass handed to them.......missing anything?........sounds like a winner all around.
    Fire Hydrants?
    I agree, UNI would destroy UN_.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Fire Hydrants?
    It will be like Zach Zenner up there all over again. The only thing that will stop Bailey will be the corrugated steel siding at the back of the endzones in the hilarious center.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    As for how I think the committee seeds the playoffs:
    1: Jax St: they've handled their business in a weak conference against the #49 SOS in the FCS. Lost to FBS Auburn in OT. Congrats.
    2: NDSU: beat SDSU on the road by 21, good win against UNI, all 10 games so far against Sagarin top 45. 2 loses, both by 3 on the last play of the game.
    3: SDSU: beat ISUr, won big against SUU, FBS win over Kansas by 3. 2 losses, to UNI and NDSU (both at home).
    4: ISUr: beat UNI, and Eastern Illinois in OT. 2 losses, to Iowa and SDSU (both on the road).
    5: McNeese St: Undefeated against the #78 SOS in FCS. Will only play 10 games, one win against D2 team. Best wins against Sam Houston and Central Arkansas.
    6: William & Mary: 9 win CAA champ.
    7: Coastal Carolina: likely 10 wins against terrible schedule, only lost to Chuck Southern.
    8: Portland State: only if they beat EWU, would be 9 win team with 2 FBS wins.

6-8 could also include: Southern Utah, James Madison, Chattanooga, Chuck Southern, probably others.

As far as NDSU/SDSU goes, I think both can make an argument for the higher seed. I think the committee looks at the head to head win by 21 and tells SDSU that if they are truly better than NDSU, go beat them in Fargo with a trip to Frisco on the line (or as the 4/5 seeds in the quarters). If McNeese gets the #2, there is no longer any reason to schedule good teams for OOC games. The committee would basically be saying "schedule the worst FCS teams you can find."
    This is just my opinion, but i think CSU would be seeded over CCU with the Big South autobid, head to head win, and 0 FCS losses. I think PSU and JMU would be ahead as well. Just don't see them seeding two Big South teams unless PSU and JMU both lose and CCU wins at Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    So if Kansas and Wyoming played this year, who'd win? GO!!!
    Kansas. 10char

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    They better bid big, UNI has a history of doing the same thing.
    ^^^ This is correct. UNI has a proven history of bringing over 10,000 actual fans in the seats to the first round game. They can bid much higher than the $30,000 (IIRC) minimum. Sorry but I just don't see the Rough Riders filling the shed on the 28th.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Fire Hydrants?
    I might even buy a ticket for that beat down. Lord knows there will be tickets available.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.