Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 11/15 @ Illinois

Default Re: 11/15 @ Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    True, I was more disappointed how loose with the ball the team was in the second half; Take care of the basketball!!!
    Wish Dexter would've been more aggressive which would also open up the outside and penetration a bit more
    Khy played well...its evident he doesn't have an outside shot---which is fine....attack the paint--kick out--shoot mid range or drive---protect ball----play defense
    Carlin needs to play smarter with the ball period
    I was pleasantly surprised again with Malik shooting---airball 3 at end hurt but he shot well besides that
    Dylan Miller didn't get much of a shot----I think he is better than Eliason----miss Kading though too
    It was a game with Illinois missing 3 players that we could've won but didn't play with confidence and smart with the ball in 2nd half
    Yea I was shocked at how little they seemed to value the basketball. You could see they were trying to make things happen, which is a good mental sign as long as it develops over the course of the season, but at some point you need to scale back and have perspective of what's important important.

I think Dex was so tired he couldn't establish anything. He was trying to control the entire interior on the defensive side and grab boards on the right. With about 7 minutes left in the first half he was basically done - that game might have been too much for him, but he needs help too and he didn't have that. The second half he was just trying to get through and stayed out of the offensive end for the most part.

I really like Khy's game. He was shooting too much for my liking, but I could definitely deal with his turnover's when he's riving inside because we need that mentality from him and it will pay off when conference starts.

Tough one to lose. Got to learn to close out games like that and someone needs to step up. Can't have 7 minute scoreless stretches and expect to win games. IMO AJ needs to shoot more. He was 4-8 from the field and 2-2 from the line. He needs to be more aggressive. Someone has to step up and be the leader of this team. Korey is a leader but he's more an emotional leader. Need someone that can control the court and AJ is capable just needs to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Tough one to lose. Got to learn to close out games like that and someone needs to step up. Can't have 7 minute scoreless stretches and expect to win games. IMO AJ needs to shoot more. He was 4-8 from the field and 2-2 from the line. He needs to be more aggressive. Someone has to step up and be the leader of this team. Korey is a leader but he's more an emotional leader. Need someone that can control the court and AJ is capable just needs to do it!
    I look for AJ and Paul Miller to do this. I hope they do it. I am sure Coach Dave is working on what rotations work the best right now. One thing we need to do is drive to the bucket. You get fouled, make the lay up or dish a great pass for the score. We are 13-19 (.684) and the other two teams are 32-58 (.552). Thanks fully the other teams are not shooting a great percentage or we would be 0-2 instead of 1-1 and just short of being 2-0.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    There was a moment in the game closer to the end of the first half where the shot clock was running down and they kicked the ball to the top of the key for P. Miller, he looked to shoot, didn't feel he had the shot so he passed it left to AJ. With about 3 seconds on the shot clock AJ drove baseline and missed a running floater (air ball short). The camera was in a perfect spot as they were running back on defense. Had a close up of AJ looking at I'm assuming P. Miller and he said "Just shoot it. Just shoot it." I want AJ to be the Braun/LA type of player with a killer instinct and give me the damn ball attitude, but I'm not sure he wants that or has that drive. I don't care who it is, but someone needs to step up in that role and be "that guy" regardless of ability. I'd rather have a guy want it then be passive.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

We had a chance to cut it to a one possession game very late, but both Clements and Kabelis air balled their shots. Not sure those are the guys I want shooting in that situation, esp Khy. At least for now. Hope to see AJ start to get more aggressive and be the guy. Him and P Miller have the potential to be a very dangerous duo.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Damn.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

too many turnovers cost us a chance to take a game with Illinois missing a few of their starters due to injury