Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Bo Pelini

Default Re: Thank you Bo Pelini

Quote Originally Posted by duluthbison View Post
    His reaction to that made no sense either. It was like he was pissed that the ref called a bad penalty or something. I have no idea how you argue against 12 men on the field.
    I would have to see the replay, but they threw the flag before the snap was imminent. I think that is what Pelini was pissed about. It isn't illegal substitution on the defense until the offense breaks the huddle, because what I understand, you can briefly retain 12 guys on defense to anticipate the formation but not more than for three seconds. I am trying to find the best answer. Hopefully Indy will come to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    It will be classic.

He had a right to be pissed. The PI call was crap. While that didn't end their season completely by itself, it would have made for an interesting play for the Bison if there was no call, which would be correct. I am still not sure how the 12th man penalty happened without the offense being set. That one I will have to look up. It looked like he wanted an explanation, but it is tough to get one when you are yelling at the ref who is trying to tell you. So while he had the right to be pissed, the tantrum was way out of line. Following an official off the field after the game wasn't very cool either. The only thing I saw he did right was act civilized to Coach K. I don't like games where refs become part of the game. It wasn't like either team needed a whole lot of help when the other was playing poorly.
    So was the penalty against CJ Smith after #35 tipped the pass, but no one seems to upset about that. A penalty is a penalty no matter when or where it happens, last play of the game or the first.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Disagree:

That's a good image. I didn't see the sleeve being pulled before. Was the ball even catchable? Now I am going to have to go back and watch that play again.

That's a good image. I didn't see the sleeve being pulled before. Was the ball even catchable? Now I am going to have to go back and watch that play again.
    I rewatched it a few times. I think it was a good call.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Refs got it right

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    So was the penalty against CJ Smith after #35 tipped the pass, but no one seems to upset about that. A penalty is a penalty no matter when or where it happens, last play of the game or the first.
    There were a lot of bad calls. It doesn't mean you work on evening them out. After seeing the image Kevin put up, I think the PI call might be legitimate. I was watching on KVLY, how was I supposed to get a good angle on the fly? While Pelini can still be upset if he wants, the petulant child routine should cost him money. He has enough for a while, so it probably doesn't hurt yet.

It will be classic.

He had a right to be pissed. The PI call was crap. While that didn't end their season completely by itself, it would have made for an interesting play for the Bison if there was no call, which would be correct. I am still not sure how the 12th man penalty happened without the offense being set. That one I will have to look up. It looked like he wanted an explanation, but it is tough to get one when you are yelling at the ref who is trying to tell you. So while he had the right to be pissed, the tantrum was way out of line. Following an official off the field after the game wasn't very cool either. The only thing I saw he did right was act civilized to Coach K. I don't like games where refs become part of the game. It wasn't like either team needed a whole lot of help when the other was playing poorly.
    Agreed completely. Honestly I don't see why any ref puts up with players or coaches chirping at them. No coach or player is watching the game without bias so their input really isn't worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4x View Post
    https://i.imgflip.com/u5fbz.jpg

There was a penalty. He is a moron.
    Tell ya what, if that was CJ people here would be bitching and moaning... Rightfully so. That was a shit call.
    College of Business Alumnus

There were a lot of bad calls. It doesn't mean you work on evening them out. After seeing the image Kevin put up, I think the PI call might be legitimate. I was watching on KVLY, how was I supposed to get a good angle on the fly? While Pelini can still be upset if he wants, the petulant child routine should cost him money. He has enough for a while, so it probably doesn't hurt yet.

The radio guys were quick to say that the PI call was legit because JJ had the same angle as the ref, which was opposite of what we had on TV.

Either way it's stupid for YSU to hang their hat on that play. They got out worked in the 4th and their coach did them absolutely no favors.

Yes, I would definitely say the ball was catchable. If Moody hadn't been kept from jumping up, he could have grabbed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Agreed completely. Honestly I don't see why any ref puts up with players or coaches chirping at them. No coach or player is watching the game without bias so their input really isn't worth listening to.

Tell ya what, if that was CJ people here would be bitching and moaning... Rightfully so. That was a shit call.

How? He has a handful of jersey on a ball that he could feasible make a play on. That's going to get called every time.