Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post-Game Thoughts

Default Re: YSU Post-Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    At least the band didnt do this:

Yeah Harvard, I am looking at you.
    Looks pretty small, don't think you could spell it any smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Shrinkage?
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    And yet everyone wanted to blame the defense on the team being behind in this game. It just shows how fucking clueless most on this board are about football.it is disgusting at times. How the fuck is a defense supposed to function if they are always on the field or the offense has poor ball security, as this one has had?
    Think the D missed enough tackles in this game to share some of the blame for the struggles in the first three quarters.

They really came out strong in the fourth though...

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wow what a memorable come back win! Many pad crunching hits, very physical football. So thankful for classy professional coaches and players the Bison have. Kinda feel for the penguin players and refs having to get ripped open by that coach they have, no wonder the stands were less than half full. He is a screamin demon.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Or just unlucky. Fancy ivy league education may be compensating for something.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=bloodmakesthegrassgrow;1062839]
    Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    The Defense played like jackass in the first half, what's up with those single one handed touch tackles, these kids cannot tackle one on one except Nick DeLuca[/QUOTE

My opinion of the defense and their inability to tackle: They are slow physically, and slow mentally. They are slow to recognize where the hell the ball is, and so they are getting into the picture too slowly. Therefore they are forced to rely on arm tackles as a last resort. If it's a slow team, they don't do so bad, but it the team is speedy, they are in trouble. That was the problem today. I'm not sure of the number, is it 47, in the secondary is really slow.
    Our coaches need to work on tackling techniques when our players are in a 1 on 1 situation to teach this kids how to effectively wrap up the player or trip the player.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Or just unlucky. Fancy ivy league education may be compensating for something.
    Someone on twitter said they were trying to spell ESPN, but Harvard education... Lol..

Watched this one at a local taproom with two other Bison fans and one YSU guy. The look on the YSU guy's face when Bo lost it was kind of priceless. I don't think I've ever seen the refs call the police before.

I am Glad this young team had some major adversity and fought through it. Now if they would just learn that its easier to just do things correctly the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Bison offense missed 10 straight 3rd downs today. They only converted their first two and their last one to finish 3-13. That's been very uncharacteristic and must improve if this team is going to make noise in December.
    I thought it looked like Stick got his bell rung (not a concussion), but rather pouched in the mouth if you will. Seems like the physicality stunned him a bit. Was glad to see him fight through it. HUGE!

BTW I think CW would have torn YSU a new one....not trying to start anything. Again I am glad ET was bloodied a bit. He showed a lot even it was ugly.