Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CJ Smith

Default CJ Smith

http://www.scout.com/college/north-d...own-reputation

BisonReport article on CJ Smith and his development into a "shutdown" corner.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: CJ Smith

I feel that CJ Smith is very underrated, because he didn't put up the big stats. Of course, Marcus Williams put up the big stats and was still very underrated, so nothing new to bison fans. Hopefully he gets a few tryouts with NFL teams.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CJ's impact since 2013 has been huge. He and Marcus were a ridiculously good cb tandem. Looking at how good Marcus is in the pros, they were a more talented cb duo than most P5 teams field. We will miss CJ's shutdown coverage and someone else needs to step up and do the same if the NDSU 2016 D is going to pick up where they have left off. I hope CJ gets a shot in an NFL training camp

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    CJ's impact since 2013 has been huge. He and Marcus were a ridiculously good cb tandem. Looking at how good Marcus is in the pros, they were a more talented cb duo than most P5 teams field. We will miss CJ's shutdown coverage and someone else needs to step up and do the same if the NDSU 2016 D is going to pick up where they have left off. I hope CJ gets a shot in an NFL training camp
    He should. Damn good cb. We will miss him.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

The cornerback position has me the most worried about next year.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    The cornerback position has me the most worried about next year.
    Especially with Kupp and EWU coming. It could be baptism by fire again for a young/inexperienced position group.

Punter has me a little worried as well. Going back to Drago we've had great punters and it really helps our style of play.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Also, as long as I'm bragging on CJ and Marcus, I think Champion had a nice career as well. He was a consistent, reliable corner with physical tackling ability in the run game and on blitzes. His coverage was also a bit underrated. Guys he was covering didn't typically do much

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Especially with Kupp and EWU coming. It could be baptism by fire again for a young/inexperienced position group.

Punter has me a little worried as well. Going back to Drago we've had great punters and it really helps our style of play.
    Our corners will be fine. Alison is solid, Reid could be good but hasn't had playing time. I heard Dom Davis has huge potential. Plus Tre could move back to corner.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Dang! I completely forgot that lecompte is leaving. That may actually have the biggest impact on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Dang! I completely forgot that lecompte is leaving. That may actually have the biggest impact on the team.
    I would hope we have some huge leverage to land a punter.