Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 10 Polls

Default Re: Week 10 Polls

Quote Originally Posted by AKCBOXERZ View Post
    Really only MVFC teams scare me come playoffs. Hoping we get @least 3 teams in this year. I'm willing to bet they will open a can of whoop ass on most teams & go far...until we have to play eachother again. I want us to play Jacksonville State just cuz I want to see if they the real deal? I feel if they didn't play Auburn close like they did, well yea they wouldn't be sitting on top as they have a fluffy schedule as well.
    I am with you. It is really only the valley teams that seem significantly scary. That is why I hate the regional matchups the committee is enamored with. Schools in the valley play their asses off for the entire conference schedule only to see conference foes in the first couple of rounds. The other side to that is if you put the top four from the valley in the four corners of the brackets, it is conceivable you have a valley only semis and finals. While the committee might not like that, wouldn't that be the best four teams left in the country? And if it isn't four valley teams, wouldn't the last four teams left pretty much had to play a valley team to get there? There would be no questions about the teams who got through to the end being worthy of being there.

I'm still unsure on Nessy and Coastal. It is so hard to tell how good they really are with the opponents that they are playing. They are definitely good, but I question how they will hold up to more physical teams. If I had to guess, I'd say that they probably will not be able to win most games against us. I'm not really concerned about any of the valley teams either. Maybe ISU a little but I think that we can cover them if we are on point. In other words, I think we are the better team.

However, I don't see how anyone can discount Jacksonville in any way. If you've watched them play a few games, you know they are an extremely good team. I really think that they would beat us 8/10 games from what I've seen so far. We need to improve if we are going to beat them. They are solid and they are the real deal. You don't take on a top 10 FBS team and come close to beating them without some serious skill. They have a great QB, great receivers, great run game and blocking to go with it, great defense, fast play, and great coaching. They are solid everywhere but the thing that really stands out to me is their shear speed and precision on offense. If you are going to compete with them your pass coverage has got to be nearly perfect. I have not seen that out of the Bison yet though we have made huge progress from the first few games this year. The last two games in particular have been getting to the level that I think we may be able to compete and possibly win. I think we'll need everything to win it though. Good special teams, better kicking, and most importantly fewer penalties. We won't beat Jacksonville if we are giving up penalty yards.

Quote Originally Posted by awBison View Post
    I'm still unsure on Nessy. It is so hard to tell how good they really are with the opponents that they are playing. They are definitely good, but I question how they will hold up to more physical teams. If I had to guess, I'd say that they probably will not be able to win most games against us.

However, I don't see how anyone can discount Jacksonville in any way. If you've watched them play a few games, you know they are an extremely good team. I really think that they would beat us 8/10 games from what I've seen so far. They are solid and they are the real deal. You don't take on a top 10 FBS team and come close to beating them without some serious skill. They have a great QB, great receivers, great run game and blocking to go with it, great defense, fast play, and great coaching. They are solid everywhere but the thing that really stands out to me is their shear speed and precision on offense. If you are going to compete with them your pass coverage has got to be nearly perfect. I have not seen that out of the Bison yet though we have made huge progress from the first few games this year. The last two games in particular have been getting to the level that I think we may be able to compete and possibly win. I think we'll need everything to win it though. Good special teams, better kicking, and most importantly fewer penalties. We won't beat Jacksonville if we are giving up penalty yards.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I am with you. It is really only the valley teams that seem significantly scary. That is why I hate the regional matchups the committee is enamored with. Schools in the valley play their asses off for the entire conference schedule only to see conference foes in the first couple of rounds. The other side to that is if you put the top four from the valley in the four corners of the brackets, it is conceivable you have a valley only semis and finals. While the committee might not like that, wouldn't that be the best four teams left in the country? And if it isn't four valley teams, wouldn't the last four teams left pretty much had to play a valley team to get there? There would be no questions about the teams who got through to the end being worthy of being there.
    What team in the valley do you think would beat us? I think we have all of them covered if we play well. You really SDSU can take us if we're on? Illinois? Depends on the day but I still think we're the better team overall.

What team in the valley do you think would beat us? I think we have all of them covered if we play well. You really SDSU can take us if we're on? Illinois? Depends on the day but I still think we're the better team overall.
    First of all, I think if we are on, there aren't too many teams anywhere that can beat us. I think when we are not on, the door opens for just about any one of those teams. I honestly think the top four teams in the valley are probably somewhere in the top 6 in the nation. Since the 2010 EWU game, only one loss has come outside the conference. Two playoff games have been scary that didn't involve valley teams. CCU and GSU. History has shown the toughest matchups, on average, have been valley teams. I don't know what to think about SDSU because when they aren't playing the Bison, they are a very good team. ISUr has had a good season and while not as dominating as last year, they are winning. UNI always plays us tough because they create a bad matchup. For the most part, valley teams are willing to stick it out in an ugly game. The rest of the country has never struck me as being that way. We can turn a game ugly and make a team grind it out to win. Towson couldn't hang. SHSU couldn't hang. Wofford didn't have enough to hang. James Madison didn't know what hit them. Give the Bison anyone other than a valley team and it becomes a game the opponent has no clue what it really is about until it is too late to do anything about it. Plus, the conference games get chippy.

I think the Bison can play with anyone, but given the choice, lets make it someone new. Against the field, we might not look as imposing as we normally have, but when you take an opponent individually and match them up, it will still take a pretty special team to knock the Bison out.

I'm still unsure on Nessy and Coastal. It is so hard to tell how good they really are with the opponents that they are playing. They are definitely good, but I question how they will hold up to more physical teams. If I had to guess, I'd say that they probably will not be able to win most games against us. I'm not really concerned about any of the valley teams either. Maybe ISU a little but I think that we can cover them if we are on point. In other words, I think we are the better team.

However, I don't see how anyone can discount Jacksonville in any way. If you've watched them play a few games, you know they are an extremely good team. I really think that they would beat us 8/10 games from what I've seen so far. We need to improve if we are going to beat them. They are solid and they are the real deal. You don't take on a top 10 FBS team and come close to beating them without some serious skill. They have a great QB, great receivers, great run game and blocking to go with it, great defense, fast play, and great coaching. They are solid everywhere but the thing that really stands out to me is their shear speed and precision on offense. If you are going to compete with them your pass coverage has got to be nearly perfect. I have not seen that out of the Bison yet though we have made huge progress from the first few games this year. The last two games in particular have been getting to the level that I think we may be able to compete and possibly win. I think we'll need everything to win it though. Good special teams, better kicking, and most importantly fewer penalties. We won't beat Jacksonville if we are giving up penalty yards.
    No just no. 8/10? 4-5/10 maybe, and I am not even sure about that. I watched them play 4 games.

Good thing they don't use the Coaches Poll.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    No just no. 8/10? 4-5/10 maybe, and I am not even sure about that. I watched them play 4 games.
    I'll stand by it. We've been playing inconsistently in a lot of areas and they have not. Special teams, penalties, pass coverage, and finishing tackles. I have been impressed with our progress; it has cleaned up a lot from where we started but there are still things that need to be improved if we are going to win it against Jacksonville. I do think that we can be the more physical team when we're on but I think that they are faster, more experienced, and just more refined in their play then we are. There is a reason they are #1. I think if we continue to improve at the pace we've been improving at that the odds will swing in our favor. At least I'm hoping so.

When the dust settles, NDSU will be sitting with number 5. You can take it to the bank.