Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 10 Polls

Default Re: Week 10 Polls

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Cute poll. Imho if the coaches were asked which team they would least like to play it would be The Bison.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    This here is true.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Assuming the big 3 in the MVFC win out, which of these scenarios would be the easier road to Frisco for the Bison?
    1. McNeese as a 2 seed and NDSU at the three (possible semifinal on the road if McNeese gets there, semifinal at home if they don't), with ISUr and SDSU in the other bracket as the 4 and 5.
    2. NDSU at #2 and ISUr at 3, with a possible home semifinal against the Redbirds.

I only ask because if NDSU deserves to be ahead of McNeese (and we should), then ISUr and SDSU should be as well. I think if we play well, the only teams that have a shot at us are UNI, ISUr, and SDSU.

5 of the 7 computers have published. It looks like NDSU will be #1 in the next GPI.

Prediction

NDSU
    Jax St
    SDSU
    Ill St
    Harvard
    McNeese
    W&M
    JMU
    Coastal
    S Utah
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Assuming the big 3 in the MVFC win out, which of these scenarios would be the easier road to Frisco for the Bison?
    1. McNeese as a 2 seed and NDSU at the three (possible semifinal on the road if McNeese gets there, semifinal at home if they don't), with ISUr and SDSU in the other bracket as the 4 and 5.
    2. NDSU at #2 and ISUr at 3, with a possible home semifinal against the Redbirds.

I only ask because if NDSU deserves to be ahead of McNeese (and we should), then ISUr and SDSU should be as well. I think if we play well, the only teams that have a shot at us are UNI, ISUr, and SDSU.
    #1 easily because I doubt a 2 seeded McNeese would make the semis thus giving NDSU homefield until Frisco anyway and if SDSU and ISUr are on the other side of the bracket its likely UNI is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    #1 easily because I doubt a 2 seeded McNeese would make the semis thus giving NDSU homefield until Frisco anyway and if SDSU and ISUr are on the other side of the bracket its likely UNI is as well.
    I don't know, ISUr is probably the next best team in the draw. I think I'd want to play them in our building and in scenario #2 we'd be guaranteed home field no matter who the opponent is.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I don't know, ISUr is probably the next best team in the draw. I think I'd want to play them in our building and in scenario #2 we'd be guaranteed home field no matter who the opponent is.
    By "our building", I'm assuming you mean Toyota Stadium?
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

Really only MVFC teams scare me come playoffs. Hoping we get @least 3 teams in this year. I'm willing to bet they will open a can of whoop ass on most teams & go far...until we have to play eachother again. I want us to play Jacksonville State just cuz I want to see if they the real deal? I feel if they didn't play Auburn close like they did, well yea they wouldn't be sitting on top as they have a fluffy schedule as well.

JMU scared me when they had Lee, they were just a machine on offense but now not so much since their defensive issues are much more prevalent. W&M could be an interesting match up, they play more like a Valley team with a good defense and running the ball. JSU is another interesting team, they had a nice win at Chatty and should have beat Auburn...I think the OVC is a bit better than usual as well and probably stronger then the Southland. Which brings me to McNeese, defensively they seem stout but offensively they don't see to pose much of a threat. They've played an embarrassing schedule...I think they are one and done unless they get a Big Sky or SLC team in round 1.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    How Coastal is ranked above both SDSU and Illinois St in the Coaches and STATS polls just blows my mind.
    as always.......its that "southern speed" they always want to factor in.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A team nobody is talking about that much in terms of getting a top 4 seed is William and Mary. 7-2 overall, with a 4-0 record against top 25. FBS loss to Virgina by 6 points. 1 point loss @ Delaware. SOS and Sagarin a bit worse than NDSU's right now. However, their next two games are against top 10 Richmond and top 25 Towson. If W&M win those two, they have to be in the mix as well for a top 4 seed.