Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FBS Week 10

Default Re: FBS Week 10

Here's what your New Year's Bowl line up would include based on the latest from the committee:

Semifinals:
    Orange (because ACC): #1 Clemson v. #4 Notre Dame
    Cotton: #2 Alabama v. #3 Ohio State

Sugar:
    #6 Baylor (Big 12) v. #9 LSU (SEC)

Rose:
    #5 Iowa (Big 10) v. #7 Stanford (PAC 12)

Peach & Fiesta pick 4:
    #20 Navy (highest non-contract conference champion)
    #8 Oklahoma State (next highest)
    #10 Utah (next highest)
    #11 Florida (next highest)

Guessing Navy Florida Peach Bowl and Oklahoma State Utah Fiesta Bowl.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Another year another example of why we are STILL WAITING for a real playoff system. There could be an undefeated team missing from the 4 team field and a one loss Stanford team that I would pick over 3/4 of that above listed field and could win it all. Four games is a start but it's still a fail

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Another year another example of why we are STILL WAITING for a real playoff system. There could be an undefeated team missing from the 4 team field and a one loss Stanford team that I would pick over 3/4 of that above listed field and could win it all. Four games is a start but it's still a fail
    If Stanford wins out they are likely in. It's not perfect but they preserved the best regular season in sport.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    If Stanford wins out they are likely in. It's not perfect but they preserved the best regular season in sport.
    And they will have beat #4 ND

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nel360 View Post
    And they will have beat #4 ND

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Should be a very good game.

I'm not 100% certain what you are referring to with that but just add more games for teams that advance. It really isn't going to kill them to play another one or two more.

I'm not 100% certain what you are referring to with that but just add more games for teams that advance. It really isn't going to kill them to play another one or two more.
    They probably will at some point. But right now they have a playoff and have still preserved the best regular season anywhere. In time, they'll make improvements. But Stanford has no one to blame but themselves in they don't make the post season.

They probably will at some point. But right now they have a playoff and have still preserved the best regular season anywhere. In time, they'll make improvements. But Stanford has no one to blame but themselves in they don't make the post season.
    Teams don't always play their best early on due to replacing players etc. There have been plenty of one loss teams that could have won a championship in a playoffs. Saying a team shouldn't be considered a contender because they lost a game is beyond lame and a decent playoff eliminates that issue. Yes I like the College football regular season but a 4-team playoff still sucks. It still almost seems silly to call whoever wins it "champs." Are they really?

Teams don't always play their best early on due to replacing players etc. There have been plenty of one loss teams that could have won a championship in a playoffs. Saying a team shouldn't be considered a contender because they lost a game is beyond lame and a decent playoff eliminates that issue. Yes I like the College football regular season but a 4-team playoff still sucks. It still almost seems silly to call whoever wins it "champs." Are they really?
    Ohio State lost early last year and won.

Notre Dame and Stanford will maybe be playing for a shot at the playoff. Alabama lost and now should be set up to probably make it if they keep winning. Utah can still maybe make it if Stanford beats ND and then Utah beats Stanford.

I definitely like having a small field to a big one. Plus it's fun watching a game between two very good teams knowing that it's pretty much a playoff game. There was a lot more at stake in that game in Tuscaloosa this past weekend than any regular season game the Fargodome has probably had.

But for the inconvenient number of conferences. They'd be there. Round robin play in 8 groups followed by an 8 team knockout stage. They're not that far away.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie