Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Chancellor seems to be against NDSU growth...

Default Re: Chancellor seems to be against NDSU growth...

Glad to see NDSU has a common sense leader with some vision. I now hope he partners up with the chamber and leverages them to in turn work on the state legislatures in achieving the shared goals of creating a highly educated workforce.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I really don't have that much of a problem with what the Chancellor has said... it's what he and the SBoHE does that matters.

Business leaders need to tell the Legislature to pull their heads out of their asses because having NDSU do what schools like UND and stress distance learning to people in CA and WA is not going to address employee shortages.

Of course, any head-from-ass removal has to start with guys being able to find said ass using either one or both hands.
    NDSU'a online education needs to be designed in partnership with local business and companies with a ND footprint so as to fulfill their/our needs. if there is room for out of State students after that, fine as it more $$$$. As P.DB noted, we have to address the worker shortfall or the state is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Reading between the lines, it seems like Bresciani is saying:

"Give us funding to fix the buildings we already have that are falling apart and NDSU will fund its on campus growth without you because while our retention rate is already the best in the state (thankyou very much) and we are continually working to improve upon it even further, the best way to improve it is through the growth of on campus students. Thanks for the online student suggestion BTW, we'll include that in our plans too.
    Exactly the thought I had. Which I don't see why they can't get funding for existing buildings the state already built them now they need to maintain them.
    or no purple?? I mean I know why they don't just doesn't make any sense and take the approach tony does to this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I really don't have that much of a problem with what the Chancellor has said... it's what he and the SBoHE does that matters.

Business leaders need to tell the Legislature to pull their heads out of their asses because having NDSU do what schools like UND and stress distance learning to people in CA and WA is not going to address employee shortages.

Of course, any head-from-ass removal has to start with guys being able to find said ass using either one or both hands.
    My only problem with what the chancellor has said is that if he was talking to the presidents he wouldn't of had to say it the way he did. This has been the problem between the chancellor's and presidents' offices for too long now. Rather than presenting a unified front towards meeting common goals, the large schools are on one side and the chancellor and the small schools are on the other. Yet, when they all try to speak politically, they have the same goals with different approaches. They spend more time trying to defend what they really mean instead of getting together and working out an objective.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    NDSU'a online education needs to be designed in partnership with local business and companies with a ND footprint so as to fulfill their/our needs. if there is room for out of State students after that, fine as it more $$$$. As P.DB noted, we have to address the worker shortfall or the state is in trouble.
    Brilliant. Let's talk to the businesses with the 20k worker shortfall and find out what kind of training they need. Design online programs which benefit those in-state and let companies backfill their shortfall from the bottom up. The solution might be more simple then trying to find qualified workers. It might lie in qualifying workers they already have and creating different cultures within the workplaces.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Exactly the thought I had. Which I don't see why they can't get funding for existing buildings the state already built them now they need to maintain them.
    or no purple?? I mean I know why they don't just doesn't make any sense and take the approach tony does to this matter.
    I think a lot of is sort of going back around old issues. NDSU has gone the route of taking care of building problems in the past on their own and it created all sorts of problems with everyone else. I don't know for sure, but I am getting the idea Bresciani is saying NDSU can go down that road again but only if all of you get out of the way. Otherwise, do your job. Just don't hold NDSU hostage while you bastards are sitting on your hands trying to keep the parties who can't keep up anyways all happy.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think a lot of is sort of going back around old issues. NDSU has gone the route of taking care of building problems in the past on their own and it created all sorts of problems with everyone else. I don't know for sure, but I am getting the idea Bresciani is saying NDSU can go down that road again but only if all of you get out of the way. Otherwise, do your job. Just don't hold NDSU hostage while you bastards are sitting on your hands trying to keep the parties who can't keep up anyways all happy.
    I also read it as a shot.....Help or not we are not going to stand by and let the issue linger.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    My only problem with what the chancellor has said is that if he was talking to the presidents he wouldn't of had to say it the way he did. This has been the problem between the chancellor's and presidents' offices for too long now. Rather than presenting a unified front towards meeting common goals, the large schools are on one side and the chancellor and the small schools are on the other. Yet, when they all try to speak politically, they have the same goals with different approaches. They spend more time trying to defend what they really mean instead of getting together and working out an objective.

Brilliant. Let's talk to the businesses with the 20k worker shortfall and find out what kind of training they need. Design online programs which benefit those in-state and let companies backfill their shortfall from the bottom up. The solution might be more simple then trying to find qualified workers. It might lie in qualifying workers they already have and creating different cultures within the workplaces.
    Might just impact the low wage issue that is also contributing to some of this. In the private education bucket, i know that companies (lots of hospitals) are contracting with some of the more graduate school orientated for profits to do this.