Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chancellor seems to be against NDSU growth...

Default Chancellor seems to be against NDSU growth...

I read this in the Forum and was not impressed with the Chancellor.

http://www.inforum.com/news/3873680-...ment-plan-ndsu

It seems he would like to see NDSU grow via online students. What bullshit. I think there is a ton of demand for NDSU to grow in Fargo with real students.

Default Re: Chancellor seems to be against NDSU growth...

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post

It seems he would like to see NDSU grow via online students. What bullshit. I think there is a ton of demand for NDSU to grow in Fargo with real students.
    Classic anti-NDSU BS.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Double-face-palm.jpg

(10 char)

I am no expert in this, but it also doesn't feel correct to compare retention rates at the service academies to NDSU and UND or any non-service academy.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    I am no expert in this, but it also doesn't feel correct to compare retention rates at the service academies to NDSU and UND or any non-service academy.
    Unless the plan is to provide full scholarships to everybody who attends.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    You are right. The service academies have a caveat if you drop out. You still have a service commitment. So unless NDSU or any other institution attaches a service commitment of 6 years to their attendance, they will never meet the retention rates of the service academies. It is admirable they want to build on the 20% advantage they have over the national average, but there are not many, if any, institutions meeting the same 9 out of 10 retained students as the Naval Academy or the other service academies. Completely different animals.

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"Part of it is, how much can the NDSU existing infrastructure take?" Hagerott said. "I will say that coming to ask for more dorm rooms and more bricks and mortar, that would not be something I'd support, but I haven't heard that from NDSU's president."

Hagerott said he'd be hesitant to request state funds for new buildings as long as oil prices are low and other campuses have "excess capacity."

That is a scary comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    That is a scary comment.
    No shit. The guy has barely been on the job and he is saying things like this!? It's almost like he came in with a anti-NDSU bias, or has already been wood-shedded.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    That is a scary comment.
    Couldnt we move some of the unused buildings from the north into ndsu?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Completely ridiculous position taken by the new chancellor. The retention rate is not a problem and the comparison to the Naval Academy is completely specious. There's a faculty member for every 9 students at the Naval Academy and they accept less than 8% of their applicants.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie