Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This STATS bracket would suck!

Default Re: This STATS bracket would suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I can't see the NCAA not finding a way to have North Dakota/South Dakota State winner play at NDSU (assuming we are seeded) just to save travel expenses. (Sorry, bunnies.)
    I guess the Bunnies have reason to be pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If they are on opposite sides, that's fine, right? Confused by your postZ

Sent from my iPhone.
    Sorry, I meant likely they'll be on the same side of the bracket (or unlikely they'll be on opposite sides).

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    If the committee is that bold to do something like that then NDSU should refuse to play any games at home and the dumbass NCAA can wallow in 3000 attendance numbers at nearly all the other playoff schools.
    The problem is it's next to impossible to prove unless a selection committee member comes out and says it which they won't. It's easy to manufacture some half-baked reasons based on the actual selection criteria to push a team down a seed line or up a seed line to accommodate the politics behind not wanting to see another intra-conference championship game. I just get the feeling that we may see some eyebrow raising placement of the top MVFC teams and it'll magically happen all on one side of the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think it's very likely they have the top MVFC on opposite sides of the bracket. I don't think the majority of folks on the selection committee want to see another intra-conference championship game, especially with 2 MVFC teams again. Politics plays a role in seeding as much as they claim it doesn't and I think there will be enough support to load up all the top MVFC teams on one side of the bracket especially if two or more teams from the conference are seeded.

This here.

Most Valley teams will be on the same side bracket.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Won't these same "politics" come into play when trying to get fans in the stands? The NCAA is about the cash flow and having two teams from each coast with subpar to below average attendance won't pay out as well as having ndsu roll to the town with 12 or 13k fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I don't understand the fear of playing ISU red in the playoffs. If we aren't good enough to beat them in the playoffs then why would we want to play them in the championship game? I think we can beat them and frankly I'd rather just go into normal and get them out of the way.
    I agree with you for the most part. On the other hand it might be good for our younger team and QB to cut their teeth on some other lesser opponents first. We are still in learning mode and would be nice if we didn't have to play the "championship game" before the championship game so to speak.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. On the other hand it might be good for our younger team and QB to cut their teeth on some other lesser opponents first. We are still in learning mode and would be nice if we didn't have to play the "championship game" before the championship game so to speak.
    If we don't have things figured out by mid to late round playoffs we won't for the title game either. Just get them out of the way.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    If we don't have things figured out by mid to late round playoffs we won't for the title game either. Just get them out of the way.
    Well people seem to think CW will be back for the Championship so that could make a difference.
    The playoff's are all about matchups so it's hard to say what's best other than it's nice to have a top 4 seed so you only have 1 road game. The worst possible seed is probably 5 then you have to play 4 on the road and 1 on the road. Ill State and possibly Jack State are slighty better than everyone else, but outside of those two teams it really doesn't matter. Need to be HUGE SDSU fans this week to knock of Ill State and possible put NDSU ahead of both of them if we can keep winning.

Ok, I am sure this is a dumb question but here goes: If Illinois St loses one to SDSU this weekend and if NDSU beats WIU; then subsequently NDSU, Ill. St. and SDSU win out the rest of their games, I think that all three have 9-2 records right???

Who is conference champion with the autobid? Or am I missing a game or is my scenario wrong?
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    Ok, I am sure this is a dumb question but here goes: If Illinois St loses one to SDSU this weekend and if NDSU beats WIU; then subsequently NDSU, Ill. St. and SDSU win out the rest of their games, I think that all three have 9-2 records right???

Who is conference champion with the autobid? Or am I missing a game or is my scenario wrong?
    Conference championship has nothing to do with overall record. Just conference record. And SDSU lost to NDSU and UNI so if it's down to one loss in conference play, they are out. If Ill. St. and NDSU tie with a 7-1 conference record, they split the championship. Autobid would go to who beat who against common opponents starting with the top ranked on down. If still a tie (last year), autobid is given to highest GPI. I believe I answered your questions and got everything correct.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Conference championship has nothing to do with overall record. Just conference record. And SDSU lost to NDSU and UNI so if it's down to one loss in conference play, they are out. If Ill. St. and NDSU tie with a 7-1 conference record, they split the championship. Autobid would go to who beat who against common opponents starting with the top ranked on down. If still a tie (last year), autobid is given to highest GPI. I believe I answered your questions and got everything correct.
    Thanks. I would love to see SDSU get a win this weekend...