Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: This STATS bracket would suck!

Default Re: This STATS bracket would suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    One major problem with this bracket (and any other that has SDSU at home), where are the Jackrabbits going to host a game at if CAS is currently being renovated? I watched the replay of the Illinois State-SDSU game, and the announcers kept bringing up that the grass was going to replaced with turf and the press box was being torn down soon after the game was done. Nobody made any mention of the scenario of them hosting a playoff game.

Perhaps they need to eat more carrots because they sound pretty short-sighted.
    Here ya go young fella.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...SDSU-s-Pasture

Post #7

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    One major problem with this bracket (and any other that has SDSU at home), where are the Jackrabbits going to host a game at if CAS is currently being renovated? I watched the replay of the Illinois State-SDSU game, and the announcers kept bringing up that the grass was going to replaced with turf and the press box was being torn down soon after the game was done. Nobody made any mention of the scenario of them hosting a playoff game.

Perhaps they need to eat more carrots because they sound pretty short-sighted.

Must have missed the statement about hosting in Sioux falls then. Apparently was stated in that game.

Technically not AT home but think they would find friendly confines in SF... Probably even more so than CAS as have to think a lot of casual SDSU fans would love to only have 10 min drive instead of 40-50 mins.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Must have missed the statement about hosting in Sioux falls then. Apparently was stated in that game.

Technically not AT home but think they would find friendly confines in SF... Probably even more so than CAS as have to think a lot of casual SDSU fans would love to only have 10 min drive instead of 40-50 mins.
    So how would that work, SDSU renting a place that only holds what 10000? Gonna be a money maker for sure
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I

So how would that work, SDSU renting a place that only holds what 10000? Gonna be a money maker for sure
    SDSU's problem not mine. Obviously there can be an element to hosting that isn't always about MAKING money. Some schools put in bids that they know they'll never cover with their portion of the revenue.

Edit: I'm guessing SDSU would do this just to demonstrate to NCAA that they're willing to host and lose money on it. Because if you can "make" money for NCAA like NDSU likely does they tend to treat you somewhat favorably in the future (supposedly as I've seen stated here that since NDSU has brought in tons of money for NCAA the last few years that will reflect upon our playoff chances in future years if we're on the bubble ever again?)

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

Yep, I missed that talking point during the replay on WatchESPN. Wish I had caught that information instead of the promotion about the coverage of some college hockey game. Apparently that game featured 1/30th of the NCAA Division I Men's Hockey teams.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think it's very unlikely they have the top MVFC on opposite sides of the bracket. I don't think the majority of folks on the selection committee want to see another intra-conference championship game, especially with 2 MVFC teams again. Politics plays a role in seeding as much as they claim it doesn't and I think there will be enough support to load up all the top MVFC teams on one side of the bracket especially if two or more teams from the conference are seeded.
    I don't always quote myself.... but when I do it's when I correctly call the MVFC screwjob from the selection committee.

I don't always quote myself.... but when I do it's when I correctly call the MVFC screwjob from the selection committee.
    I laughed when I read a few comments on AGS saying how they would try to get another MVC championship in Frisco again

EYP (extrapolated yer post) #testingthecharacterlimitsofthememegenerator