Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Board moved to LB

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Chris Board moved to LB

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    For what it's worth, Wimbush was a very late signing in 2014, June or July I think. Not sure what that means but there could have been some questions about him. John might know. Regardless, he has climbed the charts as a RFr which I think supports my long time claim that the recruiting classes of 2011 and 2012, with their high attrition rates, are lacking in talent in several areas.
    Or was hoping/holding out for an FBS offer or contemplating walking on somewhere else?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

How much more does Board see the field the rest of his NDSU career?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    He's a monster on special teams, really hoping he finds a position on defense where he can settle into and use is talents.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Wimbush needs to improve his angles to ball carrier/receiver.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Mentioned this in my SIU post game thoughts, and couldn't agree more. I think the kid looks the part and appears to be talented, but I noticed just a slight hesitation on that play that went for 6. Seemed like he was there to deliver a hit but let up thinking maybe the receiver would cut it inside. I'm not sure how a guy plays that as I think you make sure he goes out of bounds or turn him back in for help, right?

Sorry for the drift. I really had high hopes for Board this year to see the field a lot and be an enforcer type player. If he continues to contribute on special teams, then I'm ok with that. Coach K did mention he's the #2 behind PGT though so I'm sure he'll get reps.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Or was hoping/holding out for an FBS offer or contemplating walking on somewhere else?
    Certainly not waiting for FBS. I don't know the behind the scene details on why he waited so late to sign. But in my time watching the recruiting game play out there are many players that can go under the radar. That year they had a bunch of late signings and if memory serves me correct Wimbush is the only one left. Ware, Hines and Scott are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post

Well he see the field in heavy packages as a safety and is the 2 spot LB behind PGT. This is just my impression of CK comments, but it sounded to me like they always liked him at LB but were waiting to see how the other safeties responded to live action. I get the impression a lot of the D adjustments could only be confirmed/made after seeing how kids responded after playing some real downs