Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

Default Re: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    DeLuca has a good shot of being a 2nd round draft pick when its all said and done! He is a beast.
    A lot of nfl teams are going to the very speedy high bred safety type at MLB instead of the big beast mlb's. They were talking about it on the nfl network one day. I bet he plays at the next level but I don't think he goes on day 1 or 2.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Didn't Coach K tell Mike Mayock in the Wentz combine interview, that DeLuca was the best middle linebacker in college football? At any level. And he was gonna be playing in the NFL. I know he said that in one of his pre-draft interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    Didn't Coach K tell Mike Mayock in the Wentz combine interview, that DeLuca was the best middle linebacker in college football? At any level. And he was gonna be playing in the NFL. I know he said that in one of his pre-draft interviews.
    I missed that. Could someone provide a link?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

i
    Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I missed that. Could someone provide a link?

If you have been paying attention you wouldn't need Klieman to tell you this

Quote Originally Posted by ptrBison View Post
    i
    If you have been paying attention you wouldn't need Klieman to tell you this
    Well he only plays FCS so the competition level is in question

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    In the championship Deluca had the incredible pick as well as a huge forced fumble- but the whole game was a highlight reel.

There was a great play where deluca and mj stumpf were fighting over a fumbled ball. Guessing stumpf didn't realize who he was fighting for it and won emphatically at the end.

VERY excited for this years defense. With the tough schedule if NDSU produces and other teams don't hang it up after a whooping could be a good year for the sagarin.

Rooting hard for Iowa in all but 1 game.

The INT really blew Eli's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Well he only plays FCS so the competition level is in question

Well exactly, I mean ask Philadelphia how that argument holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    In the championship Deluca had the incredible pick as well as a huge forced fumble- but the whole game was a highlight reel.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    The INT really blew Eli's mind.

The pick was athletic and provided an early nail in the coffin to the cocks. And it provided my favorite photo of the game.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    A lot of nfl teams are going to the very speedy high bred safety type at MLB instead of the big beast mlb's. They were talking about it on the nfl network one day. I bet he plays at the next level but I don't think he goes on day 1 or 2.
    As the NFL continues to pass more and more and in turn defenses are playing more nickle and dime, run plugging DT and LBs are being devalued and guys who can cover and/or rush the passer are becoming more valuable. Deluca, IMO, is very well rounded for a LB. He does very well in coverage and can also rush the passer.

However, I do agree day 3 is the most realistic spot to see him drafted. You really have to stand out at this level to get into the first two days. It'll be interesting how well he does at the combine. He's certainly athletic just not sure how he compares to other NFL linebackers.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ptrBison View Post
    Well exactly, I mean ask Philadelphia how that argument holds up.
    But will Philly have any draft picks left to go up and get him