Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Nick still had 6 tackles
    That tied him for 2nd most tackles on the North squad. If he had been on the South squad, 6 Tackles would have tied him for 3rd. DeLuca was credited with one solo tackle and .05 sacks. He was the defensive signal caller when he was in, which seemed like about 75% of the defensive snaps. He was on camera a fair amount of time and was mentioned at least 3 times for his play.
    Last edited by VirginiaBison; 01-28-2018 at 03:10 AM.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    I normally enjoy mike mayock, but I had to laugh when talking about the Richmond qb he said the CAA is the SEC of the FCS.
    Maybe he meant to say SEC East which, outside of Georgia (national runner up - reminds me of a certain CAA team...), was very average this year.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Maybe he meant to say SEC East which, outside of Georgia (national runner up - reminds me of a certain CAA team...), was very average this year.

I did not realize how far the SEC has fallen.

Anybody know if Nick had any interviews? There are a couple sites out there that list who teams are interviewing and I haven't seen Nick's name any where. Did hear much about him at Senior Bowl which is good and bad at both times. walterfootball.com said Deluca needs to shine in pass coverage. Just like any other LB he had some good plays and some not so good during practices. Most NFL teams don't watch the games themselves but concentrate on the practices during the week.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    Anybody know if Nick had any interviews? There are a couple sites out there that list who teams are interviewing and I haven't seen Nick's name any where. Did hear much about him at Senior Bowl which is good and bad at both times. walterfootball.com said Deluca needs to shine in pass coverage. Just like any other LB he had some good plays and some not so good during practices. Most NFL teams don't watch the games themselves but concentrate on the practices during the week.
    I have seen the Panthers show interest in him for sure. Not sure about the others. The Panthers met with him, but i am not sure if it was one of their official interviews. Deluca showed some nice aggressiveness on pass coverage in eother wednesday or thursday practice. Every other linebacker stayed back in coverage and waited for the TEs to make a move as a result, every other linebacker was a step or two behind the TE's. Nick went balls to the wall and made his attack before the cut, as a result he stuck to the TE like glue and broke up the pass. He may have gotten a little handsy, but the commentators applauded his aggressiveness and it made him stick out as his quickness was on display.

pbs looking for lb. they will bring in a fa, but if nd is there at 4 i could see them pulling the triger. we will need to wait and see who is at pro day

Good show on The Insiders today with Nick DeLuca

The Insiders Jan. 31, 2018
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...rs-jan-31-2018

Charles Davis From Fox Sports 1 - 30 - 18 (senior Bowl and Nick DeLuca talk)
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...sports-1-30-18

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I am looking forward to the Eagles drafting him. No evidence of this but would be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I am looking forward to the Eagles drafting him. No evidence of this but would be really nice.
    Also Cowboys and as mentioned Panthers. they have really good MLB but they get hurt a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Also Cowboys and as mentioned Panthers. they have really good MLB but they get hurt a lot.
    Please no.