Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

Yeah let's just quite speculating about anything. We have a season to play with an exceptional MLB to take Nick's spot. The team is in great shape, they are in great shape next year, and we can all sit back and give encouragement and thanks to ND for what he has done for NDSU. He deserves that respect, not specollation on what he may or may not do 5 months from now. Whatever he chooses I'm sure it will be a well thought out decision that is best for all involved.

Even without a torn ligament, when you dislocate the shoulder or hip it takes less impact to subsequently dislocate the joint. Each time it happens there's the chance that not only does it dislocate, but that the force also causes a fracture. No brainer that he should take the time to get it fixed right, right now. There's something to be said for being able to lift your arm over your head at 40.
    Best of luck for a successful recovery Nick!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Yep. And no guaranties with the surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You would like that huh UND FAN?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I personally have an issue with it. Why didn't he just sit out after it happened? It is difficult for me as a fan to know he can play (EWU and Iowa he had stellar games) and is choosing not to. There are no guarantees for the future. He could blow out a knee first game next year.
    Wow dude. Just catching up on this thread. Hopefully, you have realized how poor a comment this was. You make it sound like Deluca pleasing you as a fan is more important than him doing what's right for his health. Crazy fan talk.

I just hope he has the best orthopedic surgeon in Fargo repair it. A torn labrum is a tough injury to sustain and recover from at MLB. Good luck Mr Deluca.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Wow dude. Just catching up on this thread. Hopefully, you have realized how poor a comment this was. You make it sound like Deluca pleasing you as a fan is more important than him doing what's right for his health. Crazy fan talk.
    That's not crazy fan talk; the guy is trolling. If I get too many complaints, he might lose the ability to post in real time.

More importantly, I hope Nick's surgery goes well and he makes a complete recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    How? I just said it's difficult for me to know he could play and contribute as he did. I just don't like the coaches decision to let him play. This was calculated before the game. If you know he isn't going to stick it out through the year, give Plank the reps.

On the second part, why is my speculation any different from yours? Pure speculation that he will just come back to NDSU.
    Why are you here?

I think Nick increased his stock for the NFL next year. Starts the season on the Butkus list. Suffers a super tough painful injury and responds by playing through it and having 2 of his best games vs our toughest opponent's. Toughness like that is legendary. Then he comes back to his team next year, likely again on the Butkus list, and will have a great season. Dude is a Jedi Master in terms of knowing our defense and will be poised for a HUGE season next year. Remember how the NFL Network made this huge deal about Wentz sticking it out for his team when he could have left. They will say the same about Nick. I'm thinking first round pick, no joke. Dude has everything. Size. Smarts. Intangibles. Coverage skills. Leadership. Toughness. Sounds a lot like Wentz except the defensive QB. I would compare him to a young Urlacher in the Tampa 2 defense. But he NEEDS a great senior season to prove his shoulder is OK. Get healthy Nick

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Best of luck to DeLuca. I've had two labrum surgeries over the past 10 years. The recovery is slow. I had pain for a year after the 1st. 2nd surgery using updated surgical techniques went much better.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    That's not crazy fan talk; the guy is trolling. If I get too many complaints, he might lose the ability to post in real time.

More importantly, I hope Nick's surgery goes well and he makes a complete recovery.
    I think you are completely miss understanding what I am saying.

1.) I have an issue with the coaching staff putting him out there injured and knowing that he was going to sit out the season. They should have given Plank reps.

2.) It is difficult for me to know he can play effectively with it and is choosing to do the surgery. I absolutely think that he is making the best decision for himself, just sucks to know how good an even one armed Deluca is. He needs to do what is best for himself to get a shot at the next level.

3.) My last point is to just remind everyone there is not guarantee for the future. He might come back to NDSU and blow out his shoulder again or a knee. Hope everyone enjoyed it while they can. No guarantees he will even be back at NDSU.