Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

Default Re: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Right. So the decision is being made 100% based on the thoughts of the NFL and doing what is best for him.

You guys need to take off the Green and Gold glasses. He will not be back at NDSU next year. Get used to watching him in a Nebraska uniform next year.
    I have no glasses on. I realize he may not be back. Nick needs to do what is best for Nick.

Right. So the decision is being made 100% based on the thoughts of the NFL and doing what is best for him.

You guys need to take off the Green and Gold glasses. He will not be back at NDSU next year. Get used to watching him in a Nebraska uniform next year.
    Is he going to graduate this spring? If not, he'd have to sit out another year transferring up. He didn't redshirt, so I doubt he will.

Nice theory though, lol.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

And Nebraska helps him how? Yes I know he is from there. I guess my green and gold glasses are on to tight.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I think your terminology is incorrect. A true hardship is used to get a 6th year. That's where the 30% of the scheduled games and no games played in the 2nd half of the season comes in.

If he didn't red shirt, the request is to declare this a red shirt season. Is 3 games too much for that to be approved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No I think it is a hardship waiver request.

A special case involves the eligibility of a player who loses the majority of a season to injury. Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted to athletes who appear in fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season) then suffers a season-ending injury. Players granted such a waiver are treated for the purposes of eligibility as though they did not compete in that season.
    To just red shirt he would have had to sit out the whole year like Zack Johnson 2 years ago. Once you start playing then you need to apply for a medical or hardship.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Because he's a team player and he knew that he could still play 3 games and get his medical RS. Klieman said it's a 4-6 month recovery time. If he was only looking out for himself he would've gotten the surgery right away so his chances of being healthy enough for the pre-draft stuff like the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine would be higher.

The fact that he played these last two games tells me this was a calculated move that's best for both DeLuca and for NDSU. If he would've tried to play through it maybe he goes the whole year without re-injuring it but then he still has to have this surgery that takes him out 4-6 months after the season. That would've been much more damaging to his NFL draft stock (while not nearly as good of a prospect see Cole Jirik for an example). Playing these last two games to help his team this year and, presumably, still allowing him to come back next year tells me that he cares just as much about helping NDSU as he does about helping his draft stock.
    ^This

Basically what I was thinking, but wasn't able to get my point across as well as Chaos.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

And you base this on what? If he returns to college, it will be NDSU. I base this on the fact the guy just risked further injury to help out his brothers through the toughest part of the season. No need to villainize a good person.

Best of luck Nick on the rehab! As an individual with two bad shoulders, the surgery is important. Kramer will be a great asset to helping him during the recovery.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Because learning a new defense will help him see the field and make plays, therefore increasing his draft stock??? Seriously quit spitting BS. The kid made the best decision for himself and his future. It's his body and his future. Who cares otherwise. He gutted out two games in incredible fashion and we're all luckier for having watched him play. Best wishes ND. You've been my favorite player since the day you signed your LOI.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Either way, approval should be a slam dunk. The NCAA has proven to be fair on requests for hardship.

He got hurt in the first game (that does matter) and played in 28% of the scheduled contests. Add in the fact that he'd be asking for a 5th season and not a 6th. Rubber stamp.

Still no guaranty of successful surgery and rehab. For reference see Travis Beck. He had several surgeries.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Best of Luck to Nick, I hope all goes well and he is able to come back, if unable, thanks for the memories!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Either way, approval should be a slam dunk. The NCAA has proven to be fair on requests for hardship.

He got hurt in the first game (that does matter) and played in 28% of the scheduled contests. Add in the fact that he'd be asking for a 5th season and not a 6th. Rubber stamp.

Still no guaranty of successful surgery and rehab. For reference see Travis Beck. He had several surgeries.

Agreed.

And that's why I was concerned. Hope it all works out great for Nick.