Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

Default Re: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

Based on what Klieman said I didn't think it was a pain tolerance issue. I thought it was more of an issue that going through almost a full season with an injury like that was too much of a risk of serious re-injury for a guy that has a playing career after college to worry about. He also didn't close the door on the notion that DeLuca might still declare for the draft but I'd have to think that the fact that he tried to play through it for two games is a good sign that he's planning on coming back (assuming he gets the medical RS).

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Damn sure didn't look like it was effecting him much. Hope the surgery goes well and helps. Still got to wonder how this will effect his NFL shot. Lot's of things can happen in a year.
    Why are people even bringing this up?!! How many special things do people need to see at NDSU to realize things aren't the same as what everyone else does? This kid is putting his present health first, and then he's thinking about the team and the program. He's going to want to come back next year, healthier bigger and stronger, and try to win another national championship. The NFL comes later, and it's not later, it's now at NDSU.

Edit: Maybe I should settle down a bit, haha. I haven't seen an interview with Nick or Coach yet so I'm only spitballing. Sorry 98, just looking at it different is all.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I personally have an issue with it. Why didn't he just sit out after it happened? It is difficult for me as a fan to know he can play (EWU and Iowa he had stellar games) and is choosing not to. There are no guarantees for the future. He could blow out a knee first game next year.
    The dude is in pain and gave it a shot...Not sure why that is an issue? He's a competitor and along with the coaches and doctors decided this would be the best decision.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

holy shit, terrible news. I hope he gets his medical redshirt but if he doesn't it was truly a pleasure to watch him play these past 3 + years. Get well Nick and next man up.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Based on what Klieman said I didn't think it was a pain tolerance issue. I thought it was more of an issue that going through almost a full season with an injury like that was too much of a risk of serious re-injury for a guy that has a playing career after college to worry about. He also didn't close the door on the notion that DeLuca might still declare for the draft but I'd have to think that the fact that he tried to play through it for two games is a good sign that he's planning on coming back (assuming he gets the medical RS).
    If there was that much risk, why did he play against EWU or Iowa?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    The dude is in pain and gave it a shot...Not sure why that is an issue? He's a competitor and along with the coaches and doctors decided this would be the best decision.
    This. Let it be his choice. I'm sure he was intensely looking forward to that Iowa game for years. If he was able and desirous to play that one more game you let him

Which begs to ask why he is doing this? I don't think Cooper Kupp is planning on doing this.
    Cooper Kugg doesn't have torn ligaments in his shoulder and I'm pretty sure DeLuca is doing this so he doesn't lose the use of his shoulder by the time he's 30. Torn ligaments ain't something to f around with.

If there was that much risk, why did he play against EWU or Iowa?
    Maybe he got second opinions? Maybe there was no risk to further damage the joint but it would greatly delay the healing?

I personally have an issue with it. Why didn't he just sit out after it happened? It is difficult for me as a fan to know he can play (EWU and Iowa he had stellar games) and is choosing not to. There are no guarantees for the future. He could blow out a knee first game next year.
    Because we needed him vs Iowa and Eastern Washington. This gave Plank and the backups more time to get ready for conference play. I applaud him for taking some serious pain for the team. Awsome player. Dude was in insane pain and his arm could have popped out of socket at any time. Next year we will really need him as we're losing 2 starters on the outside and he will be poised for an amazing season

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From what I heard, it sounded to me like the young man needed surgery regardless. This kid has NFL talent. He would be stupid to wait until after the season. He has to think of his future.