Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Good teams use the combine to confirm what they think they see on film. Bad teams reach based on track numbers.
    Good teams will also use it as a means to separate between guys that look similar on film.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Is not a major part of the combine the opportunity for teams to be able to meet and basically interview many many targets in a short period of time? The drills are just a small part of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Is not a major part of the combine the opportunity for teams to be able to meet and basically interview many many targets in a short period of time? The drills are just a small part of the process.
    I would like to believe so, but it's hard to tell. Elway drafted Paxton Lynch because of how well he performed at the combine and that Dak Prescott would later miss his flight to Denver for an interview at Dove Valley. He totally ignored red flags such as two bad comprehension test scores (Wonderlic was 18) or that Lynch was describe as something such as a teddy bear by a former coach.
    Hail the BISON!!!

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    A major part of the combine is to flood Indianapolis hotels and restaurants for a few days with a bunch of hopeful players, coaches and NFL executives. We appreciate your business!

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I recently read somewhere that the most important part of the combine process were the medical evaluations.

A guy like Deluca needs the right system to succeed. It's no secret he will struggle covering the NFL backs running routes. Hoping for a 3rd day draft pick. However, I think medical maybe threw some red flags and it wouldn't shock me if he didn't get drafted. MWill didn't get drafted, was at the top in NFL for INT's for a season and still struggling to crack a roster.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    I recently read somewhere that the most important part of the combine process were the medical evaluations.
    Might be true. The stud DT from Michigan was sent home this year because of a heart condition that was never detected by the Wolverines. Same thing happened to Nick Farley from Auburn a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Might be true. The stud DT from Michigan was sent home this year because of a heart condition that was never detected by the Wolverines. Same thing happened to Nick Farley from Auburn a few years ago.
    That is absolutely not true. He had the same thing happen at Michigan and was cleared. He is expected to be cleared and it should NOT change his draft status.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That is absolutely not true. He had the same thing happen at Michigan and was cleared. He is expected to be cleared and it should NOT change his draft status.
    Well, I was just repeating what I thought I heard watching the combine. Excuse me.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSU Pro Day is scheduled for March 29th at 9:00CT/10:00ET.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...o-day-schedule