Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

Default Re: MLB -- Nick DeLuca

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Who the fuck writes this shit? Whoever wrote this can't possibly have watched him.

Weakness. They basically say he's slow, can't cover, or shed blocks. Sounds to me like Nick is the worst linebacker ever. Prove em wrong Nick and kill it at the combine

"Not a quick-twitch athlete and lacks a pro burst in short spaces. Doesn't run fast even when healthy. Closing out tackles to the perimeter will be a challenge. Play strength and base to leverage gap and take on blockers is sub-standard. Below average man cover talent."
    I wish I could find the one did on Carson. If I remember correctly, they did rate him too well either. FCS players are still not going to get an accurate rating.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Who the fuck writes this shit? Whoever wrote this can't possibly have watched him.

Weakness. They basically say he's slow, can't cover, or shed blocks. Sounds to me like Nick is the worst linebacker ever. Prove em wrong Nick and kill it at the combine

"Not a quick-twitch athlete and lacks a pro burst in short spaces. Doesn't run fast even when healthy. Closing out tackles to the perimeter will be a challenge. Play strength and base to leverage gap and take on blockers is sub-standard. Below average man cover talent."
    The author/analyst: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Zierlein

His Bio lacks any actual experience playing or coaching football... his father is on the coaching staff of the Arizona Cardinals, so he does have that. I highly doubt any teams actually use his stuff to make draft decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I wish I could find the one did on Carson. If I remember correctly, they did rate him too well either. FCS players are still not going to get an accurate rating.
    Here you go: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...ntz?id=2555259

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Wentz's rating went up after the combine if i recall. I think his rating was worse prior to the combine. If DeLuca has a good showing, his rating will increase. One of the knocks that they wrote about him was that he is bad at man coverage. Sounds like a regurgitated criticism of most linebackers. I don't see Nick going above the 3rd round, but anywhere in 4-6 sounds reasonable to me. It is hard to evaluate what NFL teams will think about him. Some will use the injury and all school label to knock him down. I'm sure the browns won't view him as a top 100 linebacker in the league.

Lance Zerlien is a lazy bastard. Apparently not many people at NFL.com really want to do this kind of work because you are kinda expected to actually do some scouting, or at least a little research.

I have read a thousands of his his reports over the years and he is notoriously WRONG about all kinds of things, and there is every indication that he just makes stuff up based on what people might believe. In other words, he just bullshits his way through a quick work day and it's off to happy hour.

His write ups mean absolutely nothing. He is constantly writing about slow WR's who end up running 4.3's or low 4.4's.

His comments are less than meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Wentz's rating went up after the combine if i recall. I think his rating was worse prior to the combine. If DeLuca has a good showing, his rating will increase. One of the knocks that they wrote about him was that he is bad at man coverage. Sounds like a regurgitated criticism of most linebackers. I don't see Nick going above the 3rd round, but anywhere in 4-6 sounds reasonable to me. It is hard to evaluate what NFL teams will think about him. Some will use the injury and all school label to knock him down. I'm sure the browns won't view him as a top 100 linebacker in the league.
    Don't worry, they love Nick, but the draft is one big poker game. Every GM is out there trying to bluff and intimidate and spread misinformation and disinformation so as to maybe grab some extra draft value here and there. There is so much scrutiny nowadays. They have to make it look like they aren't reaching.

Nick's measurements were the kind these guys dream about. 6'3" 243 33.5 arms huge 10.3 hands. His elite ball skills are on tape for all to see. Once they look at the tape they will see the best cover LB in this draft. His instincts,intellect, and field vision are all elite. Even if he runs he 4.8,which he might, he will be highly valued. The takeoff on those electric timers is a bitch. A guy can lose a .1 on just not acing the initial movement.

I think he will run a 4.7 at the combine and a 4.6 if he runs on his pro day.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Lance Zerlien is a lazy bastard. Apparently not many people at NFL.com really want to do this kind of work because you are kinda expected to actually do some scouting, or at least a little research.

I have read a thousands of his his reports over the years and he is notoriously WRONG about all kinds of things, and there is every indication that he just makes stuff up based on what people might believe. In other words, he just bullshits his way through a quick work day and it's off to happy hour.

His write ups mean absolutely nothing. He is constantly writing about slow WR's who end up running 4.3's or low 4.4's.

His comments are less than meaningless.
    Your post reminds me of how I think when you talk about Robbie Grimsley.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Don't worry, they love Nick, but the draft is one big poker game. Every GM is out there trying to bluff and intimidate and spread misinformation and disinformation so as to maybe grab some extra draft value here and there. There is so much scrutiny nowadays. They have to make it look like they aren't reaching.

Nick's measurements were the kind these guys dream about. 6'3" 243 33.5 arms huge 10.3 hands. His elite ball skills are on tape for all to see. Once they look at the tape they will see the best cover LB in this draft. His instincts,intellect, and field vision are all elite. Even if he runs he 4.8,which he might, he will be highly valued. The takeoff on those electric timers is a bitch. A guy can lose a .1 on just not acing the initial movement.

I think he will run a 4.7 at the combine and a 4.6 if he runs on his pro day.
    I think he's faster than KE or Wentz, fwiw.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    NFL Comparison: Blake Bortles

Lol...not ONE thing remotely similar between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

I guess to play devil's advocate, I'm not sure he did regain the speed he had from two years ago. He was absolutely incredible that year and I remember him being extremely fast in coverage. While great as a senior, not sure if he physically got all the way back. Will be interesting to see his time at the combine. Do you think he was faster or more dominant than Jabril Cox this year?...I'm not so sure.