Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Field improvements

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Field improvements

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

WOW. Very nicely done NDSU.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I do actually like the NDSU font on signage, but something about it on jerseys isn't great...and the font on numbers isn't good IMO.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Fall games start this Sunday 11:00. The schedule is up on the gobison website. Chance to see the field in person.

Took a tour of the new stadium and field last weekend. Seriously impressive. It's going to look fantastic in ESPN come tournament time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

What would it cost to put a bubble over it so it could actually be used?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

congratulations on the fine field!

"What would it cost to put a bubble over it so it could actually be used?"
    the "bubbles" like used for soccer etc aren't able to accommodate softball games. The roof isn't high enough. A Univ. would need to build an actual dome.

NDSU Softball field dedication and Grand Opening of Tharaldson Park Fri Sept 14th at 4pm with Alumni game to follow.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the field looks great! Some nice finishing touches would be . . . 1) planting some trees around the perimeter area. 2) putting an awning or short partial roof at the top of the grandstand for shade and/or wind block during the April games would give it the stadium a high end look. The chain link fence at the top gives it a low end look. Even covering the chain link fence with something like is used on the outfield wall would be a big improvement.

It would have been really cool to have a mezzanine at the top of the grandstand with concessions, merch, enclosed/box seating area, etc.

That said, great job getting this project done.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I think the field looks great! Some nice finishing touches would be . . . 1) planting some trees around the perimeter area. 2) putting an awning or short partial roof at the top of the grandstand for shade and/or wind block during the April games would give it the stadium a high end look. The chain link fence at the top gives it a low end look. Even covering the chain link fence with something like is used on the outfield wall would be a big improvement.

It would have been really cool to have a mezzanine at the top of the grandstand with concessions, merch, enclosed/box seating area, etc.

That said, great job getting this project done.
    To be fair, this was only phase 2 of 3 phases. Final phase next summer. Your mezzanine suggestion is cool, but that would cost millions.

533 In a row

When are they gonna put a bubble over it so it can be used during the early season?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt