Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Field improvements

Default Re: Field improvements

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I haven't seen any plans. For a non revenue sport like softball, I assume upgrades will be made in phases. I've never been to a game before but I have watched on the web. Do they have restrooms and concessions? I've wanted to make a game or 2 but timing never seems to work out.
    There are restrooms and concessions yes

NDSU is currently advertising for architectural services for the softball complex improvements.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    NDSU is currently advertising for architectural services for the softball complex improvements.
    Good to hear. Hopefully more details come out soon.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Does it include a dome?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Does it include a dome?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Absolutely as long you DONATE the money to finance it. Actually if you listened to the presser with the Coach and the Players I think take it as an advantage
    to be traveling and coming back practicing inside and then going back outside to play and compete.
    That is my impression anyway.

Go Bison, however I think the OKC coaches will be prepared better for NDSU...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Phase I is on the agenda for approval at the SBHE meeting on June 27th. The estimated cost of Phase I is $380,500, of which $364,500 is from private funds.

From the agenda:

This project constitutes Phase I and will include new ADA compliant grandstands that will also address safety issues such as railings and uneven walking surfaces, a reconfigured backstop to improve spectator safety, a press box for game announcing via radio and television, demolition of the existing concession/restroom building, and relocation of the irrigation pumps to a pump pit. As long as the bidding climate is advantageous, this phase will also include a new scoreboard/sound system.
    Future phases will include a visitor’s bullpen, outfield modifications, a new concession/restroom/locker room facility, ticket booth, lighting, material storage area and other site improvements.

533 In a row

Phase I is on the agenda for approval at the SBHE meeting on June 27th. The estimated cost of Phase I is $380,500, of which $364,500 is from private funds.

From the agenda:
    I haven't been out there in ages and I'm not familiar with the current setup.. could you explain?

It says they want to demolish the existing concession/restroom building but the new concession/restroom facility is in a future phase. Will there be no concession and restrooms until they move on to future phases?

The existing concession/restroom building isn't even functional for restrooms. They do use it for a small concession setup. The location makes it necessary to demolish it first.

There is a restroom building a short walk to the NW corner of the outdoor track.

533 In a row

Let's hope this gets approved.. The program has earned this upgrade with its past success and the is looking very good for the future. Local high school teams have nicer scoreboards.