Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Field improvements

Blog Entries

Default Re: Field improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Looking good. It would look so complete had they put in seats extending over the dugouts instead of those side seats...
    For a team a few years ago that had 50 people per game, this is a good side upgrade. If we were to sell out every seat in the house, we would be top 30 in attendance. Those little bleachers we built would have been enough for most regular season games.

I would rather see us focus on the fan experience first. If we can get close to filling all the seats, success will breed more success and upgrades

14X FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Since 1960, NDSU has more Football Championships than any team in the NFL , D1A, D1AA, D2 or D3
    1965-1968-1969-1983-1985-1986-1988-1990-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2017

I still have a hard time with turf on an outdoor ball field. It just looks wrong.

But it seems to be what teams want now. Nice upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I still have a hard time with turf on an outdoor ball field. It just looks wrong.

But it seems to be what teams want now. Nice upgrade.
    It is not the looks that count. The ability to play more of the early spring schedule is the biggest reason.

447 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    It is not the looks that count. The ability to play more of the early spring schedule is the biggest reason.
    I know, I'm fine with it, it's just hard to get used to. Seeing a lot of baseball teams moving to turf too.

That's first class stuff right there. Does anyone know how the batters box works? How do you dig in on turf?
    We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word we do not all mean the same thing. With some the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor; while with others the same word may mean for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other menís labor. Abraham Lincoln

Do you need to dig in to slap bunt?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    That's first class stuff right there. Does anyone know how the batters box works? How do you dig in on turf?
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk