Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Field improvements

Default Field improvements

New dugouts are being constructed for the softball team's home at NDSU. Hopefully this is just a first step in bringing that field up to date.

533 In a row

Default Re: Field improvements

A good start to upgrading the place.Need to spiff it up if we are gonna keep hosting the Summit league tourney.

Are these going to be ground level or the fancier ones dug into the ground with steps and drains and stuff? I'm not even sure what kind do we have now?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NDSU softball has a big recruiting weekend this weekend with an absolute STAR from Cali coming in.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Are these going to be ground level or the fancier ones dug into the ground with steps and drains and stuff? I'm not even sure what kind do we have now?

A 3 sided box over the benches with the press box on top of the visitors. So when the visiting team starts pounding on the walls l guess it gets "interesting" upstairs.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    A 3 sided box over the benches with the press box on top of the visitors. So when the visiting team starts pounding on the walls l guess it gets "interesting" upstairs.
    That was the old setup. In fact the press box was removed 2 years ago most likely because they thought it might collapse.

Not sure about the new design. Maybe someone should walk by before tailgating starts Saturday.

533 In a row

New dugouts are cinder block style and look a little bigger that the previous ones.Drove by Easter Sunday there is no way they would have been ready for the FHawks game on Wed.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    That was the old setup. In fact the press box was removed 2 years ago most likely because they thought it might collapse.

Not sure about the new design. Maybe someone should walk by before tailgating starts Saturday.

There was an advertisement for bids in today's paper for a new softball grandstand. I haven't seen or heard any details about what they are planning....

533 In a row

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    There was an advertisement for bids in today's paper for a new softball grandstand. I haven't seen or heard any details about what they are planning....
    Sweet! Lets get this done and finally make it look like a true division 1 facility! What are the chances they incorporate the dugouts into the grandstand with locker rooms and all like a true ballpark? I just remembered they upgraded the dugouts already didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Sweet! Lets get this done and finally make it look like a true division 1 facility! What are the chances they incorporate the dugouts into the grandstand with locker rooms and all like a true ballpark? I just remembered they upgraded the dugouts already didn't they?
    I haven't seen any plans. For a non revenue sport like softball, I assume upgrades will be made in phases. I've never been to a game before but I have watched on the web. Do they have restrooms and concessions? I've wanted to make a game or 2 but timing never seems to work out.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com