Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Name the 2015-16 Starters now and later, Redshirts, Key Reserves, Season Finish

Default Re: Name the 2015-16 Starters now and later, Redshirts, Key Reserves, Season Finish

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    I'd be dissappointed if we don't win the conference. This team will be really good.
    It's going to come down to the same two teams on this year that it did last year. SDSU will be good also, especially in the backcourt. If AJ develops into a premier Summit League scorer both inside the 3 point line and outside of it he gives the Bison the advantage in the front court.

I'm hoping to see Paul Miller take the next step and be the #2 scoring option on this team. That would really make this team dangerous offensively if either he or AJ can go off for 20+ on any given night.

Default Re: Name the 2015-16 Starters now and later, Redshirts, Key Reserves, Season Finish

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Well, I feel like Carlin and Paul will have improved and are ready to be the starting backcourt. We lost the best player in the league, so that isn't ever a positive. However, AJ is ready to take that next step, and in his 10th year at NDSU, he is only a Sophomore. I will say it again, this is the deepest team in the history of NDSU. That doesn't make us great, or even better than last year. But, last year we only went 6-7 deep. THe bench was paper thin, and when we rotated it was barely based on position, just almost who is next/healthy/not in foul trouble. Brown lives in foul trouble with his aggressive and physical nature.

Where we are significally better is at the post. We went from a forced small ball rotation to a large team. Eliason and Miller a really big boys. They are both only FRESHMAN. Dexter is only a Junior and really an offensive minded perfect bench guy. THen you have the best defensive post in the league in Kading. That is a bunch of big boys. Miller is going to be a dude. Eliason is still growing it appears. I feel like getting a big man in mid major hoops is REALLY hard, so to have a couple young freshman that are 6'9 is great. I personally think Miller will be an all league player in a couple of years. He is just massive. Going to be fun to see how they develop.

We have the Juco transfer playing mostly shooting guard (3 years remaining). He is thick. Just a bull. He can score. Doesn't appear to be a lights out shooter, more of a scorer. Going to be a tough kid. Fun to watch. Khy is just electric. He will push for a lot of time at the PG spot. Our freshman should have us all just giddy about the future. This team needs to continue to be TOUGH like Brown. AJ has to step up and be that all league scorer and we have to rebound and defend in the post. I really think our backcourt will be solid....even though the oldest guard is only a SOphomore....but Paul and Carlin played a TON last year. Wait, is Carlin a Junior now? I think he is. Still young. A lot of ball to still be played.

I will say this now, and you can laugh at me in two years...but the kid out in Dickinson that we have verbally committed....that kid is the steal of steals. Yeah, he hasn't done much yet. But he is VERY YOUNG and VERY RAW. I mean raw. Give him 3 years. You cannot teach height. He is 6'11 who can run and jump. Just wait guys, this is a monster get. I can't even remember his name, and you won't need to know it for a long time, but he will get better and better. Will be one of those...how did we get him type kids.
    Great post and fun read...lot to look forward too in this post and you didn't even mention what we have in Deng. So much potential for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's going to come down to the same two teams on this year that it did last year. SDSU will be good also, especially in the backcourt. If AJ develops into a premier Summit League scorer both inside the 3 point line and outside of it he gives the Bison the advantage in the front court.

I'm hoping to see Paul Miller take the next step and be the #2 scoring option on this team. That would really make this team dangerous offensively if either he or AJ can go off for 20+ on any given night.
    Dont sleep on South Dakota, Coach Smith is doing some really nice things and they will be solid.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Dont sleep on South Dakota, Coach Smith is doing some really nice things and they will be solid.
    This^^^^^^

I don't think it will be long or maybe already could happen this year that the rabbits are not the best team in SD. The melt down by the bunny fans should make for a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    This^^^^^^

I don't think it will be long or maybe already could happen this year that the rabbits are not the best team in SD. The melt down by the bunny fans should make for a good read.
    Or it could just go back to the way it was for decades in D2. SDSU and USD were annually playing for titles while NDSU was an afterthought.

FYI, we'll be pretty good this year. We also only lost one starter. And ours will be much easier to replace. USD? They will be ok. My guess is they are a year or two away from competing for a conference title.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Or it could just go back to the way it was for decades in D2. SDSU and USD were annually playing for titles while NDSU was an afterthought.

FYI, we'll be pretty good this year. We also only lost one starter. And ours will be much easier to replace. USD? They will be ok. My guess is they are a year or two away from competing for a conference title.

Silly wabbit crack is for junkies!!!!!! I don't see us going anywhere.

Yeah, NDSU is going to regress to D2 days....keep telling yourself that. NDSU has committed to athletics. New facility being moved into next year to house like 5600 people. We aren't going anywhere. #COA
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

lay the pipe down.....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

"An afterthought" is exactly how I'd describe SDSU's football program back in the D2 days. With the investment you've made down there I wouldn't expect that program to return to obscurity anytime soon just like I wouldn't expect NDSU's men's basketball team to return to obscurity anytime soon with the investment we've made.

We simply own SDSU, and that really upsets Rabbit fans...