Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Name the 2015-16 Starters now and later, Redshirts, Key Reserves, Season Finish

Default Name the 2015-16 Starters now and later, Redshirts, Key Reserves, Season Finish

With the first exhibition game only a week away it is time to predict who will start at the beginning of the season and to end it, who will redshirt, how deep the rotation will be, and when will the season finish!?!

My uninformed guesses:

Starters to start the year:
    Dupree
    P. Miller
    K. Brown
    Jacobson
    Kading

Starters to End the Year
    Same - Richman seems to be consistent with his rotation, although man it's tough to not find a starting spot for Khy/Werner by year end!

Bench minutes in order
    Werner
    Kabellis
    Clements
    Eliason
    Wesenberg
    Ishola
    T. Miller
    Z. Rammelt
    *My guess is rotation commonly goes to 10, and cuts off at 8 in the real tight games with Eliason and Wesenberg jumping up in the rotation in games where more big men are needed.

Redshirt
    Geu
    D. Miller
    (if either play I prognosticate them being in that 8/9 area in the rotation, Miller possibly higher - amazing if Miller redshirts but emergence of other big man make this even a possibility)

Finish
    Win Summit League Tourney - Lose first round as a 13 Seed

Your turn!

Default Re: Name the 2015-16 Starters now and later, Redshirts, Key Reserves, Season Finish

I agree with almost everything you posted, nice work! Will D Miller actually redshirt? I thought he was ready play on day 1?

Default Re: Name the 2015-16 Starters now and later, Redshirts, Key Reserves, Season Finish

hope they can make some noise
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

^^ Marshall Bjorklund was the best NDSU center ever tjbison. gotta have him over moorman.:

Starters to start the year:
    Khy Kabellis
    P. Miller
    K. Brown
    Jacobson
    Werner

Starters to End the Year
    Same - Richman seems to be consistent with his rotation, although man it's tough to not find a starting spot for Khy/Werner by year end!

Bench minutes in order
    Kading
    Dupree (change of pace guy)
    Clements
    Dylan Miller (he will be playing as much as kading at end)
    Eliason
    Wesenberg
    Ishola
    T. Miller
    Z. Rammelt
    *My guess is rotation commonly goes to 10, and cuts off at 8 in the real tight games with Eliason and Wesenberg jumping up in the rotation in games where more big men are needed.

Redshirt
    Geu

Finish
    Win Summit League Tourney - #12 seed beating #5 Alabama, then losing a heartbreak to #4 Arizona.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Miller is playing. He's ready
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Miller is playing. He's ready
    Burgundy...are we rebuilding or reloading this year? Do you think the Summit will ever have a chance at an at-large bid?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Burgundy...are we rebuilding or reloading this year? Do you think the Summit will ever have a chance at an at-large bid?
    An at large bid will only happen when most if not all of the teams in the league step up their occ schedules and win those games. That includes NDSU.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

This is a reloading year. I mean, we lost one guy. How would it be a rebuilding year?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    This is a reloading year. I mean, we lost one guy. How would it be a rebuilding year?
    I'd be dissappointed if we don't win the conference. This team will be really good.

Well, I feel like Carlin and Paul will have improved and are ready to be the starting backcourt. We lost the best player in the league, so that isn't ever a positive. However, AJ is ready to take that next step, and in his 10th year at NDSU, he is only a Sophomore. I will say it again, this is the deepest team in the history of NDSU. That doesn't make us great, or even better than last year. But, last year we only went 6-7 deep. THe bench was paper thin, and when we rotated it was barely based on position, just almost who is next/healthy/not in foul trouble. Brown lives in foul trouble with his aggressive and physical nature.

Where we are significally better is at the post. We went from a forced small ball rotation to a large team. Eliason and Miller a really big boys. They are both only FRESHMAN. Dexter is only a Junior and really an offensive minded perfect bench guy. THen you have the best defensive post in the league in Kading. That is a bunch of big boys. Miller is going to be a dude. Eliason is still growing it appears. I feel like getting a big man in mid major hoops is REALLY hard, so to have a couple young freshman that are 6'9 is great. I personally think Miller will be an all league player in a couple of years. He is just massive. Going to be fun to see how they develop.

We have the Juco transfer playing mostly shooting guard (3 years remaining). He is thick. Just a bull. He can score. Doesn't appear to be a lights out shooter, more of a scorer. Going to be a tough kid. Fun to watch. Khy is just electric. He will push for a lot of time at the PG spot. Our freshman should have us all just giddy about the future. This team needs to continue to be TOUGH like Brown. AJ has to step up and be that all league scorer and we have to rebound and defend in the post. I really think our backcourt will be solid....even though the oldest guard is only a SOphomore....but Paul and Carlin played a TON last year. Wait, is Carlin a Junior now? I think he is. Still young. A lot of ball to still be played.

I will say this now, and you can laugh at me in two years...but the kid out in Dickinson that we have verbally committed....that kid is the steal of steals. Yeah, he hasn't done much yet. But he is VERY YOUNG and VERY RAW. I mean raw. Give him 3 years. You cannot teach height. He is 6'11 who can run and jump. Just wait guys, this is a monster get. I can't even remember his name, and you won't need to know it for a long time, but he will get better and better. Will be one of those...how did we get him type kids.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.