Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gang Discusses Damaris P's Incident

Default Re: 2015 Verbal: Demaris Purifoy

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I disagree, it is what it is, It is public record and the day we as fans and supporters start hiding run ins with the police that are not speculation is the day the program will start to go down a very slippery slope.

A open transparent post and discussion is the best way to handle it. It may suck sometimes but the truth is the truth and we shouldn't be hiding things.

If we don't talk about a MIP, do we not talk about a DUI or is that not the line and that is ignored and we don't talk about drug charges, well what drug charges possession, delivery. You break the law, it gets reported, keeps it nice and clean.

Kind of taking a holier than though stance are you not Herdbot. I seem to remember you being all over the Coprich info. Or is it just Bison run ins with the law should not be talked about????????

Transparency is the best route to take.
    Your actually comparing a felony drug dealer to an 18 year old who was caught with a beer?

I just think it's a dick move to post someone's dirt in a public forum if it's minor. I wouldn't do that to someone I know. It's not covering it up. It's just not being a dick

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

a simple search will answer all the questions, it's not being hid
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I'd rather have it all spelled out than just alluded to unless the intent was indeed to make it sound sinister. Besides, as we found out with Wentz's wrist, if you don't supply the details, people will make up their own.

As reported in the Forum*, after drinking (which is he too young to legally do), he walked into the wrong dorm room in one of the high rises. Anybody disagree with that? If you want to think that he was up to no good, that's your right, but it doesn't seem warranted based on the facts.

Maybe I should move this side discussion to a new thread?

* I swear I read it there and was kind of surprised that they didn't link it to the time our kicker walked into the wrong house.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is not new news... It was reported weeks ago. Maybe after the Pioux game? Ease up Gabe! Just because you didn't start the thread don't get your panties in a bunch!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

He is from Wisconsin. Don't they put beer in their baby formula there?

I seriously didn't mean to cause a shitstorm. I thought everybody heard about it anyway as it was on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I seriously didn't mean to cause a shitstorm. I thought everybody heard about it anyway as it was on the news.
    No storm. I just think Bot ate a Big Mac today and he's pissed at himself.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I am in the camp where I don't have much sympathy for student/athletes screwing up. Even minor infractions. They are being given a tremendous opportunity in their lives and they are responsible for taking care of that opportunity. Even the ones who are not on scholarship have resources available to them above and beyond those for the average student. Specialized tutoring on their schedule, access to their own facilities, and other benefits exclusive to them. I certainly don't go searching for information about when a student/athlete screws up, but I am not in favor of simply covering it up for the sake of covering it up. They are adults and this is the choice they made when they decided to couple their education with the benefits of participating in athletics. They are in the spotlight. There are many generous people out there who are spending their hard earned money to ensure these student/athletes can have these experiences. They are held to a higher standard. A MIP is a relatively minor offense and probably not all that uncommon for a 19 year old in college, but to say it should be held secret when it is public record is contributing to a culture they need to be protected. They don't need protection, they need to hold themselves to a higher standard and accept the consequences of their actions.

Maybe my lack of sympathy comes from being 19 and being in an organization where a MIP would end up with 60 days restriction, 45 days extra duty, loss of a 1/2 months pay for 2 months, the reduction of at least one pay grade, and a permanent addition to your file a letter of reprimand. When you live in a system requiring a higher standard, you live to a higher standard. I am not saying you implement a system of zero tolerance, because young adults do make mistakes, but you do have a system with repercussions and real consequences. One of those consequences is public knowledge of even your minor trips and falls. I have said this before but if the spotlight is too bright, then maybe this isn't the place to be. You walk away from being a student/athlete and just be a student where those minor mistakes have consequences but on a smaller scale with less repercussions. Certainly, the end result becomes a lot less public.

Lastly, if local media is using Bisonville as a news source, shame on them but I don't think there is anything being said on here that shouldn't be said for the sake of the Bison community. We are caretakers of Bison pride and we should be holding everyone accountable to the herd. Every organization who has experienced black eyes over incidents within their systems has almost always been trying to cover it up. Transparency is the key to keeping this institution and its programs above ridicule and criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Lastly, if local media is using Bisonville as a news source, shame on them but I don't think there is anything being said on here that shouldn't be said for the sake of the Bison community. We are caretakers of Bison pride and we should be holding everyone accountable to the herd. Every organization who has experienced black eyes over incidents within their systems has almost always been trying to cover it up. Transparency is the key to keeping this institution and its programs above ridicule and criticism.
    I agree to a certain extent. I think that Bisonville has had a bigger influence on things than we imagine.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

Maybe my lack of sympathy comes from being 19 and being in an organization where a MIP would end up with 60 days restriction, 45 days extra duty, loss of a 1/2 months pay for 2 months, the reduction of at least one pay grade, and a permanent addition to your file a letter of reprimand.
    Wait...When did Boy Scouts become a paid deal?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.