Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stieg on the way out?

Default Re: Stieg on the way out?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    It is skipping my mind who said it (I want to say Bohl), but I remember hearing a quote on what a certain coach would do in these situations. "If you're at home, you play to tie. If you're on the road, you play to win."
    This isn't a Bohl thing, a vast majority of coaches think this way. Most coaches don't let the game be decided on a single play, they extend the game in order to create more opportunities unless they are hanging on by a thread, then it is best to go for that final blow.

I agree with the 4th down call. Go for the win.

Stig is a good coach and better person. He's not going anywhere until he's ready to call it quits.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Stieg will be there until he sh!ts a couple seasons or a bigger school comes and grabs him. He has made SDSU very good at the FCS level, and where he might not be winning NC's for SDSU, their win-lose record is nothing to snuff at. Except ours of course.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    I have to wonder how many sideline warnings they have had this year. I work sidelines for college and it is honestly like babysitting with coaches...some are good, but some are absolutely horrible and you have to constantly be reminding them and their players.

I'm just curious what is going on with their QB situation and why all the sudden they are struggling to put up points.

I did say the same thing to Mayville Bison this weekend though. I think he has to be starting to get a shorter leash, although as long as they make the playoffs and beat whatever little sisters of the poor team they get in the first round it should be a bonus. But I can't imagine it would be easy without much of a running game and trying to throw the ball the Saturday after thanksgiving in Brookings.
    First one this year. First one I can ever remember period.

It was weird, because there were three in all for the game...the 15 yarder on Stig, and two on the UNI sideline...the first was just a warning, the second UNI was penalized 5 yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I remember talk like this in 2007. What if we run the table? What if we get a bowl invite? What if they vote us #1 even though we can't play in the playoffs? We ended that season with a loss to SDSU.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

It was weird, because there were three in all for the game...the 15 yarder on Stig, and two on the UNI sideline...the first was just a warning, the second UNI was penalized 5 yards.
    If the first was 15 then someone made contact. For the warning-5-5-15 progression they are just in the restricted area but not contact was made.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

This proves it once and for all...the refs read Bisonville.

Dont tell BAudit about that one

As long as theyre making playoffs he should stay. I think they end up 7-4 though. They should be able to at least make the quarters at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    I don't think Stieg is going anywhere. He's a SDSU graduate and SD boy. They have won 9 games the past 3 years. 4th and 1 and they don't make it? I don't think that was his fault even though when they lined up in that formation everyone in Brookings County knew what they were gonna do. Why not throw it to one of those big tall recievers or use Wieneke as bait.
    I don't see a problem with going for it. Kicking is fine too.

Dude won't get fired. SDSU is pretty good most years, got a new stadium, etc. I'm sure they don't like losing to NDSU all the time but other than that, they have done very well.
    College of Business Alumnus

UNI was blowing them up all game, I would have kicked it. UNI's offense was a mess.

That said I think how Stig managed the QB's was worse then the go for it decision.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Stig has enough cards hanging from him he needs a trapper keeper...I mean what the hell is all that hanging from him and in his hands