Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

Default Re: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The RO works well on 3rd and 1 on xbox
    Well, that answers that.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    yeah? PI can also be called on a completed catch, what's your point?
    So my point is, when fair catch is not signaled, he has the arms out signal to make the catch. If he makes the catch, it's a no call and if he doesnt it's kick Catch interference. If he makes the catch, you could call targeting if it is applicable.

I got this from a back judge

99 probably cost us 7 on his little tirade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore62 View Post
    So my point is, when fair catch is not signaled, he has the arms out signal to make the catch. If he makes the catch, it's a no call and if he doesnt it's kick Catch interference. If he makes the catch, you could call targeting if it is applicable.

I got this from a back judge

99 probably cost us 7 on his little tirade.
    It's my opinion, he probably doesn't really care.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    It's my opinion, he probably doesn't really care.
    Id say he does but in my whole life I have never seen what he did cause a play to get changed. Id like to know where we are ranked in the country for personal fouls + unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Id say we are on a different level than the #2 ranked team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore62 View Post
    Id say he does but in my whole life I have never seen what he did cause a play to get changed. Id like to know where we are ranked in the country for personal fouls + unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Id say we are on a different level than the #2 ranked team.
    Ha, #99 comes from the town I live in. I'm kinda worried that I'm going to be walking down the street, repping some Bison gear, and *bam* forearm shiver puts me down.

I should have posted the following clip here instead of the Bison Youtube thread... so here it goes:

I hate penalties like this. Miss the call but don't make one up. Makes me wonder if they got the word that "NDSU chop blocks" before the game or something.

Glad to hear you say that. I kept thinking I was the one missing something on that chop blocking call. I just couldn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Ha, #99 comes from the town I live in. I'm kinda worried that I'm going to be walking down the street, repping some Bison gear, and *bam* forearm shiver puts me down.

I should have posted the following clip here instead of the Bison Youtube thread... so here it goes:

I hate penalties like this. Miss the call but don't make one up. Makes me wonder if they got the word that "NDSU chop blocks" before the game or something.
    So was the defense lineman just trying to take out 2 blockers thereby not allowing the 2nd "reinforcing" blocker to move on to the next block there? He immediately did a dive to cut out the guard in front of him and got the tackle and guard pancaked on top of him. Just seems like an odd strategy when you're not at the goal line and not in a 3rd/4th and short situation as you completely take yourself out of the play. Guess it could be a method to trying to get chop block penalty called to which then it was a success. Watching the replay during the game I was like how the heck is that a chop block it appeared that the dlineman took himself out on the one they showed which I don't think was same one as this one was this the actual "live" game view?

Ya thats a bad call. Did anybody see the takedown on your first touchdown by the pulling Gard on one of our corners or outside linebackers it was far enough behind the point of attack that I don't believe it should have been called other than I would love to have a penalty anytime the other team scores

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

For the best #99 play of the game, go to the final drive and watch Zach Johnson completely demolish him. Actually Zach demolished someone else the following play as well

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    So was the defense lineman just trying to take out 2 blockers thereby not allowing the 2nd "reinforcing" blocker to move on to the next block there? He immediately did a dive to cut out the guard in front of him and got the tackle and guard pancaked on top of him. Just seems like an odd strategy when you're not at the goal line and not in a 3rd/4th and short situation as you completely take yourself out of the play. Guess it could be a method to trying to get chop block penalty called to which then it was a success. Watching the replay during the game I was like how the heck is that a chop block it appeared that the dlineman took himself out on the one they showed which I don't think was same one as this one was this the actual "live" game view?
    Actually frees the edge guy from getting chipped against the RO...and if he can make the tackle he would've had Stick for a 2 yard loss.