Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

Default Re: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    We talked to the directors. They rode a bus. They do not get scholarships. They were in our hotel and impressed all with their politeness. People commented at breakfast. They played at the tailgate and added much to the game. The president and mr Johnson will be meeting to improve things. I will be writing a check. Sycamore fans were jealous.
    As a side. I finally saw 4 actual sycamore trees On the way out of town
    No scholarship money at all? I thought I heard a couple of years ago that Dean had found at least some money for them?
    It would be good if something could be done, the band adds a great deal to the atmosphere. I love when they march by tailgating.h
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I thought the defense played pretty well. Indiana State has been scoring quite a bit and aside from a couple big plays and one sustained drive our defense shut them down pretty good. Still room for improvement but positive step forward. Our offense wasn't exactly smooth but did enough to get it done. The running backs need to make some people miss and break a tackle once in awhile. Way to often seeing them brought down from initial contact. Also wondering why Easton had big holes on the edge yet our backs can't seem to find those same holes? Easton needs to watch those out throws as a couple of those could have been pick 6's. Overall though I thought he played well for his first start.

A
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    No scholarship money at all? I thought I heard a couple of years ago that Dean had found at least some money for them?
    It would be good if something could be done, the band adds a great deal to the atmosphere. I love when they march by tailgating.h
    My daughter recieved a small amount when she was in the band, so i was surprised to hear this.
    They really did add a lot to the game. Wish they could go to SIU.
    Thundar as awol.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    anybody else think we are probably the first team to every bring the band to Terre Haute, IN for a Football game?

kudos to the GSMB, anyone know if they flew or bussed?
    Do to tight state funding they all had to hitch hike individually. Many have not been heard from since leaving Fargo Friday morning.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The announcers were terrible. Didn't know the difference between college and pro touchback rules. Several "holding water" references. Made me miss Berg. Almost.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    The announcers were terrible. Didn't know the difference between college and pro touchback rules. Several "holding water" references. Made me miss Berg. Almost.
    If you are getting any rules knowledge from announcers you are in trouble. Must rules fans think they know are because of incorrect announcers.

Two common ones...a half can't end only if there is a defensive penalty and the ground can't cause a fumble. There is some truth in both statements but they are not completely true.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    1. NDSU Ran power out of power formations early, and ground to a couple td's.

2. Defense held, not a lot of creativity from isub.

3. NDSU started with cute stuff to see what Easton could do. 5 wide shotgun a lot, shorter series without payoff. (Thank goodness for Lecompte.)

4. Defense continues to show particular weaknesses. Game gets interesting.

5. NDSU gets Couple payoff plays while still running out of spread formations.

6. Because NDSU ran early they were able to settle into power and run the clock out late. Wouldn't allow isub to have the ball late.

Other games it appears power hasn't worked late because there was no commitment early.

I'm Assuming isub expected ball back to finish game with some read option, and possibly trick plays.

Nice to grind at the end and own the 4th.
    This ^^
    We didn't run the ball particularly well early on but since we stuck with it , we ran it with ease in the 4th quarter. The good defense allowed us to stick with it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    In 2000, when I marched in the GSMB, the band made a trip to UNO as well as hosted UND. The athletic department stepped up and paid the way if memory serves me correctly, there again that was the NCC days though. I know that the band went to the NW missouri playoff game that year (maybe more but I didn't make the trip). I am not sure who paid for those trips.

As far as commitment, it is a HUGE commitment by the members, we practiced 5 days a week and attended all home games, it almost is as rigorous as being part of the team . A typical saturday would start at 7:30-8am for a 1pm game with reherseal in the morning at the dome, performances before the game (president's house and other areas), the WHOLE GAME, return equipment to music building, etc... For me anyway, the evening was shot after carrying around a sousaphone all day.

I would do it again in a heartbeat though...

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If you are getting any rules knowledge from announcers you are in trouble. Must rules fans think they know are because of incorrect announcers.

Two common ones...a half can't end only if there is a defensive penalty and the ground can't cause a fumble. There is some truth in both statements but they are not completely true.
    It wasn't as much getting knowledge as listening to them talk about how NDSU was getting breaks because of the bad officiating. It was beyond bad announcing.

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    In 2000, when I marched in the GSMB, the band made a trip to UNO as well as hosted UND. The athletic department stepped up and paid the way if memory serves me correctly, there again that was the NCC days though. I know that the band went to the NW missouri playoff game that year (maybe more but I didn't make the trip). I am not sure who paid for those trips.

As far as commitment, it is a HUGE commitment by the members, we practiced 5 days a week and attended all home games, it almost is as rigorous as being part of the team . A typical saturday would start at 7:30-8am for a 1pm game with reherseal in the morning at the dome, performances before the game (president's house and other areas), the WHOLE GAME, return equipment to music building, etc... For me anyway, the evening was shot after carrying around a sousaphone all day.

I would do it again in a heartbeat though...
    I have always felt that the GSMB, as well as the cheer squad, dance team etc., who work their butts off, practicing, performing and simply being a true part of the HERD, need a little financial help too! We have given, over the last decade+, money to the Band, money to the dance team, and we have bought water/powerade and pizza etc. for the cheer squad. Every little bit helps all of these Bison groups, and we loved seeing the band sit there in the stands in Terra Haute, and hearing them in the backround of the telecast!!! True Bison Spirit!!!