Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

Default Re: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

This game reminded me a lot the 2011-2012 teams led by Brock. Nothing too pretty but deliberate. In regards to the complaints about the run-game, it was pretty good IMO as they gained a lot of tough yards against the top rush defense team in the MVFC.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The 4 RB seems odd but sounds like all of them are injured in some way or another. I think stick can generate a decent passing game. He doesn't have the zip that Wentz has but I think Stick can be along the lines of Jensen, who ended up being pretty good passer, by the time he's done.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

anybody else think we are probably the first team to every bring the band to Terre Haute, IN for a Football game?

kudos to the GSMB, anyone know if they flew or bussed?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    anybody else think we are probably the first team to every bring the band to Terre Haute, IN for a Football game?

Someone said they bussed it there. Road maybe??

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Someone said they bussed it there. Road maybe??
    wow that's dedication, I don't think they get enough credit for doing what they do..impressed

do they do fundraisers for these trips, private donations, sponsors how do they get the funds?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I thought I heard they took the bus! While before yesterday, I was never a huge fan of the GSMB... they earned my respect! Anybody that takes a bus from Fargo to Terre Haute deserves respect!

wow that's dedication, I don't think they get enough credit for doing what they do..impressed

do they do fundraisers for these trips, private donations, sponsors how do they get the funds?

A long time ago, when the world was young and dinosaurs walked the earth, the GSMB would get enough money from the activity fee to go to one away game. But those were NCC days when the average game was much closer. Don't know if the funding still comes from the same source. During my years, we went to SDSU twice, UNO and UND once each, and USD canceled us fairly late in the process.

We talked to the directors. They rode a bus. They do not get scholarships. They were in our hotel and impressed all with their politeness. People commented at breakfast. They played at the tailgate and added much to the game. The president and mr Johnson will be meeting to improve things. I will be writing a check. Sycamore fans were jealous.
    As a side. I finally saw 4 actual sycamore trees On the way out of town
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    We talked to the directors. They rode a bus. They do not get scholarships. They were in our hotel and impressed all with their politeness. People commented at breakfast. They played at the tailgate and added much to the game. The president and mr Johnson will be meeting to improve things. I will be writing a check. Sycamore fans were jealous.
    As a side. I finally saw 4 actual sycamore trees On the way out of town
    Do they get priority points?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

1. NDSU Ran power out of power formations early, and ground to a couple td's.

2. Defense held, not a lot of creativity from isub.

3. NDSU started with cute stuff to see what Easton could do. 5 wide shotgun a lot, shorter series without payoff. (Thank goodness for Lecompte.)

4. Defense continues to show particular weaknesses. Game gets interesting.

5. NDSU gets Couple payoff plays while still running out of spread formations.

6. Because NDSU ran early they were able to settle into power and run the clock out late. Wouldn't allow isub to have the ball late.

Other games it appears power hasn't worked late because there was no commitment early.

I'm Assuming isub expected ball back to finish game with some read option, and possibly trick plays.

Nice to grind at the end and own the 4th.