Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

Default Re: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

Good thing is the Stick didn't really hurt the team. He can run like a deer, and I hope his passing will get a little better in the next game. I am worried about his running like he does, needs to learn to avoid the really big hits. It was nice to see him be able to run like he did, I would feel much better not needing him to do so much of it. Defense made big strides today, 1 big play on the long TD run and 1 bad drive at the end of the first half. Other than that they made ISU go 3 and out a lot today, it would be nice to see our D-backs actually catch a few of those interceptions. Either the O-line or the RBs need to step it up and get things figured out, our running game looked a little better than the rest of the year, but does not really seem to be to be going anywhere. I just can't tell if it is the RBs or the O-line not making it happen, it could be both.
    I would rate the game as a B+.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Posted this in the GDT thread (I guess that is redundant). Whatever happens, this is just a really fun year.

Would love to see the dominance of 2013. On the other hand, it is so fun to watch the development of these young athletes. I think this year has been really stressful for any fan, but also very entertaining. Hey, they are giving their all, and so are the coaches. I am on board with the questioning of the offensive identity and play calling at times, and combine that with the D that is young and learning assignments, it is tough to be patient. But honestly, this team is so fun to watch. Good times.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hola View Post
    But honestly, this team is so fun to watch. Good times.
    I agreeing with this. We don't know what were gonna see each week. It's anything but automatic. The team took some big steps forward with this game. The yotes handed it to misuri st. by about 30 pt.. maybe they are a tough team too

Not sure if this was mentioned but PGT is not getting the job done.

I am not sure ...need to rewatch the game but I thought I seen our RB out run a pulling guard to the LOS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    A few times. he blew his assignment on the long QB run for a TD.....Needs to bounce back!

Cole Davis better be ready to play.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    Well shit, he's averaging just over three tackles through seven games. What the hell do you expect? Just because the other two LBs are the top two tacklers doesn't mean shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    A few times. he blew his assignment on the long QB run for a TD.....Needs to bounce back!
    I thought the same thing until I watched the replay. It was fairly obvious PGT had pitchman, which means the safety likely had QB.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Well shit, he's averaging just over three tackles through seven games. What the hell do you expect? Just because the other two LBs are the top two tacklers doesn't mean shit.

You be feisty.