Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Playoff Outlook

Default Re: 2015 Playoff Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Me too. Checked 4-5 times the last couple days.
    Sorry has been a busy day at work, hopefully I will get it updated during Monday Night football.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    NDSU moved into 6th in the Stats poll and 5th in the coaches poll. It will be an interesting last few weeks.
    Posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd put it here. Am I the only one missing the reasoning behind EWU being ranked ahead of NDSU? Same record and their wins are much less impressive with one W being of the double digit variety (to be more precise they have one win of more than a TD and 2-point conversion).
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

How is a 4-4 team ranked but USD doesn't have any top 25 votes?

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd put it here. Am I the only one missing the reasoning behind EWU being ranked ahead of NDSU? Same record and their wins are much less impressive with one W being of the double digit variety (to be more precise they have one win of more than a TD and 2-point conversion).
    I'm guessing the thought process is one of their losses is to Oregon, so in a lot of pollster's minds, they are 6-1 and they don't have a loss to USD. I have EWU in the teens in my poll because they simply don't look like a good team. We will find out soon with 3 decent teams left on their schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Sorry has been a busy day at work, hopefully I will get it updated during Monday Night football.
    No worries at all. I just wanted to point out that I really appreciate you doing it. Thanks again.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    And they're doing it against the bottom of their conference. I'm selling EWU hard. Portland St is going to blow them up. Montana is a shell of itself and NAU is mediocre, but I could see EWU dropping both of these contests.

Unfortunately, most voters won't notice till the L's start rolling in.

Updated today...please let me know if there are any glaring errors or omissions...this has been a trying week.

Which conferences only get one team in? (Because they suck)

And the SWAC doesn't send a team to the playoffs right?

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Patriot League sucks and should only get one.....but Fordham lost to Colgate and probably won't get the AQ. Fordham has a decent shot for an at large because of their good record against bad teams. This conference sent an AQ team with a losing record a few years ago.

Pioneer and NEC suck, shouldn't even be in the playoffs but get one.

SWAC and MEAC send their champs to their own bowl, remainder eligible for at large. Some chance of a MEAC bid due to good record against bad teams, none for SWAC. And they all suck.

Big South used to suck but are rapidly improving. Probably get an at large.

Southern used to be great but now sucks. Risk of just the AQ, which would have seemed absurd 5 years ago.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The SWAC and MEAC sends their champs to the celebration bowl. The rest of the league is available for at large bids.

The NEC and pioneer are 1 bid leagues at least this year. Pioneer will most likely always be.

Fordham will get an at large as of now. If they lose or they end up winning the AQ on a tie breaker that should make the PL a one bid league as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!