Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leadership Discussion on 740

Default Re: Leadership Discussion on 740

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I think the physical talent is comparable but not the mental/emotional part. Someone asked what you should be looking for in leadership. I'm not sure you "see" leadership, but you can sure see lack of it if you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Plus when leadership presents itself you know it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by sambini View Post
    Arent they looking for signals from the sidelines?
    Hi Sambini !! How are you? I think you're right...but they're motionless. Got used to seeing our linebackers changing positions and moving around a lot just before the snap.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I just think people are looking too hard for something. So this may finish the season with a couple losses. Sometimes it just is. There's no lack of leadership imo. We took a bad loss. It happens. It isn't the first and it won't be the last.

And not to blow my own horn, but I brought leadership issues up on Saturday night or early Sunday. Right now we have too many individuals and not enough team. Thought it interesting that CK mentioned underclassmen leadership in during his Sunday show. That was after I questioned who were our leaders on D & O. He apparently sees it too!

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by sambini View Post
    Arent they looking for signals from the sidelines?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Hi Sambini !! How are you? I think you're right...but they're motionless. Got used to seeing our linebackers changing positions and moving around a lot just before the snap.
    Exactly, butt our coaches aren't even calling the D till their O approaches the ball. Doesn't leave much time for shifting. Think we are used to seeing the D and coverage called right away then the Mike calling out changes as they saw the O. CAS can correct me if I'm wrong.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I just think people are looking too hard for something. So this may finish the season with a couple losses. Sometimes it just is. There's no lack of leadership imo. We took a bad loss. It happens. It isn't the first and it won't be the last.
    Pretty much agree. I think it's nearly impossible to tell if there is a lack of leadership unless you are with the team on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    IDK Coach K seemed to allude to a lack of of some of those jrs soph. not stepping up and taking on a leadership role. I think its a young team with some key players/postilions needing to mature. Coach said at the beginning of the season our success depends on how fast we mature....."it will be a race to maturity" It sure seems like he nailed it prior to us even taking our 1st snap.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Pretty much agree. I think it's nearly impossible to tell if there is a lack of leadership unless you are with the team on a regular basis.
    Ummm, CK brought it up today and yesterday. I doubt he reads BV and he is pretty close to team last time I checked.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Ummm, CK brought it up today and yesterday. I doubt he reads BV and he is pretty close to team last time I checked.

Sent from my iPhone.
    CMon Cass, we all know they all read BV. How else do you explain 4 in a row. Shoot they even took my pre game phone idea. Speaking of which, now that the home game streak has struck, how about a bit more edge in the pregame , kick off, between play etc music selection

https://youtu.be/NlmezywdxPI BTw I hope the team feels like this after hearing all the shit being said around town. You know it gets back to them.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Plus when leadership presents itself you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post

Sent from my iPhone.
    I'm going to go with the former players and not the viking fan on this one.