Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leadership Discussion on 740

Default Re: Leadership Discussion on 740

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    But use Crockett as an example. There was always a buzz about him. He was a big time player. Who of the four has that buzz?

The good players will get the reps. So if the talent is there, is the issue Leadership? It seems with 70 kids, coaches, leadership exists.
    Performance buzz or personality buzz? He was very visible which was part of it. We havent found our idenity yet. Somebody need to stepup and step forward.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you think this team lacks leadership what would you expect to see that you're not seeing now?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Not if you are rotating 4 backs all the time. You need to leave a RB or any player in for a certain period of time to get a rythum and a feel for the game. You keep rotating guys they never see the same set twice. They cant come back and really say whats going on on with different looks.
    This is really what I want to see regardless of which back it is. Give one guy at least a series to gain some momentum. Then spell the guy for a few plays or a series.

Maybe then it will be more clear which back is separating themselves. The rotation to date has just been too much.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    But use Crockett as an example. There was always a buzz about him. He was a big time player. Who of the four has that buzz?

The good players will get the reps. So if the talent is there, is the issue Leadership? It seems with 70 kids, coaches, leadership exists.
    At RB part of the problem might be that our best back is a true freshmen. Crockett was never the feature back right away, he earned that role over time.

King to me has been a bit of a disappointment, I didn't expect him to replace Crockett but I did expect a bit more then what he has given us.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    If you think this team lacks leadership what would you expect to see that you're not seeing now?
    Someone playing a complete 4 quarters of football would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    I'd like to see a player fired up and chewing someone's ass on defense like Heagle used to.

Would at least show someone taking charge and not afraid of asserting themselves to correct mistakes when they see them happen. Heard team mates call him an asshole, but their asshole. This year's defense needs more asshole.

Defense stands around prior to the snap...that's what I see. It's really obvious with the linebackers. (Looking to the sideline.) I've seen this before...about 6 years ago.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I think the physical talent is comparable but not the mental/emotional part. Someone asked what you should be looking for in leadership. I'm not sure you "see" leadership, but you can sure see lack of it if you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    At RB part of the problem might be that our best back is a true freshmen. Crockett was never the feature back right away, he earned that role over time.

King to me has been a bit of a disappointment, I didn't expect him to replace Crockett but I did expect a bit more then what he has given us.
    King has been kind of what I expected. Over the last thirty years we have basically had a RB go to an NFL or cfl camp. Yet we think when some Nebraska guy drops down after not really succeeding there that he will be succussful here. Do people not realize that over the last few years our ones probably beat Nebraska. It will be a rare day when a player drops down and succeeds here.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Defense stands around prior to the snap...that's what I see. It's really obvious with the linebackers. (Looking to the sideline.) I've seen this before...about 6 years ago.
    Arent they looking for signals from the sidelines?
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB