Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Felix Dixon

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Felix Dixon

I saw on twitter that last night, Felix had 2 INTs (one a pick-6) and 4 passes defended. Not a bad night...

https://twitter.com/lynden_o/status/662843988030955520

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footb...ary-45/2253026
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Most WRs run a minimum 4.5 I don't know why you think a CB running 4.7 is great.
    I think you're confusing the typical high school stopwatch timings with the absolute real timings that are done at combines and other camps. At the NFL combine, with the best wrs in all of college, there were 18 that had sub 4.5 - only about half of the very top 40 college wrs in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Most WRs run a minimum 4.5 I don't know why you think a CB running 4.7 is great.
    Because most WRs at the FCS level aren't running sub 4.5s. Very few are as well as very few CBs are. Numbers are getting bloated.

Even for the few that do run that fast, they can be defended by team defense if they even have a QB capable of maximizing that speed.

My point wasn't that guys aren't fast, it is just there aren't as many speed demons who can play football as the numbers posted. HS kids and coaches are either lying or failing to time properly. Everyone gets hung up on the sub 4.5s and they don't even know what they are getting hung up about.

Lastly, there have only been a handful of Bison football players who have ever run true sub 4.5s. It is plenty fast.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll take a good football player over .2 seconds in a 40....

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I saw on twitter that last night, Felix had 2 INTs (one a pick-6) and 4 passes defended. Not a bad night...

https://twitter.com/lynden_o/status/662843988030955520

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footb...ary-45/2253026
    He has an insane number of touchdowns for a guy who doesn't play offense... not sure how many, but it has to be close to 1 a game.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Because most WRs at the FCS level aren't running sub 4.5s. Very few are as well as very few CBs are. Numbers are getting bloated.

Even for the few that do run that fast, they can be defended by team defense if they even have a QB capable of maximizing that speed.

My point wasn't that guys aren't fast, it is just there aren't as many speed demons who can play football as the numbers posted. HS kids and coaches are either lying or failing to time properly. Everyone gets hung up on the sub 4.5s and they don't even know what they are getting hung up about.

Lastly, there have only been a handful of Bison football players who have ever run true sub 4.5s. It is plenty fast.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I think you're confusing the typical high school stopwatch timings with the absolute real timings that are done at combines and other camps. At the NFL combine, with the best wrs in all of college, there were 18 that had sub 4.5 - only about half of the very top 40 college wrs in the country.
    Ah...makes sense.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

If you really want a solid idea of a players natural speed just check the numbers they posted in HS track and field. Most of the guys who play the typical speed positions were active in track and field in HS.

If my research is correct, Bo Liekhus LB/SS/ST's, would be the team's fastest player. He ran a 4.42 40....maybe; and he did run a 11.24 200, which is really really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    If you really want a solid idea of a players natural speed just check the numbers they posted in HS track and field. Most of the guys who play the typical speed positions were active in track and field in HS.

If my research is correct, Bo Liekhus LB/SS/ST's, would be the team's fastest player. He ran a 4.42 40....maybe; and he did run a 11.24 200, which is really really fast.
    Oops, screwed that up. It was a 22.16 200 meters. http://myhitnews.com/latest-nebraska...cruiting-news/

Word is he is transferring

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Word is he is transferring
    Not surprised if true. Converted wr and a true freshman played over him at cb. Not sure if he got a real shot at playing or was just not picking it up. Who knows but him and coaches. If he does transfer, good luck to him. Hope it works out for him. If he stays commit to the process and compete.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.