Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Felix Dixon

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Felix Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Kid looks super fast and talented with great potential, but i highly doubt he runs a 4.3. Thr nfl combine only had 7 guys who ran a sub 4.4 last year.
    I should re-word...I meant if he did indeed run at least a 4.4, he would be playing big time football meaning he would be playing at a P5 school...I'm guessing that is why the offers haven't come because he sure fits the eye test when it comes to talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I should re-word...I meant if he did indeed run at least a 4.4, he would be playing big time football meaning he would be playing at a P5 school...I'm guessing that is why the offers haven't come because he sure fits the eye test when it comes to talent.
    I would say his weight could be his limiting factor now. 165 is light. He needs 20lbs+ to get to an optimum playing weight. Maybe some are skeptical he can get there? Looks like good potential.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I would say his weight could be his limiting factor now. 165 is light. He needs 20lbs+ to get to an optimum playing weight. Maybe some are skeptical he can get there? Looks like good potential.

How many of our CBs have played over 200 lbs in past 5 years? Williams was 195, CJ is 188, Champ is 189, and Allison is 177, the list goes on. I'd say 20 lbs puts him right where he needs to be around 185. That seems to be around the weight most our guys play at for the CB position.

Yeah the big programs want a kid like that at 180+

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Welcome to NDSU.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Welcome to BisonNation Felix and Family.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

He has some speed. There is a problem with what people think is fast. 4.5 is blazing. If we are getting kids that run anything faster than 4.6, they are really fast. A 4.7 is a sub 10.9 in the 100M and that is not slow. 4.3 is world class speed.

This kid ran a 4.68 electronic in February at a Nike camp. That is fast for a 17 year old. If I were the track coach in his HS, I would be begging him to come and at least run some relays. There is no way he is not one of the fastest kids in his school. What would really set him apart would be his quickness. Fast doesn't always equate to quick, but usually guys with good 40 times are quick. There are some power sprinters who take a bit to get going who are not quick but are very fast where the 40 isn't a good measure of speed but it is a good measure of football speed without pads.

Most HS recruits are either lying about their 40 times or their coaches aren't timing them right. These sub 4.4 claims out of HS very rarely translate to as fast by the time they hit the combine. There are a couple of reasons for this. Sometimes it is strength and conditioning bulks them up a bit and could slow them down. The other reason, which is more often than not, is they are just as fast or faster as a 21 year old as they were at 17 but their times are more accurate after high school. If we are getting kids with true baselines of sub 4.7s out of high school, they are definitely G5 level speed if not most P5 program level speed. An actual 4.4 is very rare. There are only a handful of high school kids in the nation who can put up a 4.4 with electronic timing done accurately. They have names like Sanders and Moss. So the bottom line is don't get too caught up in the hype of speed. We aren't losing too many battles for guys who are fast enough to play at NDSU. In fact, my money is on we have a lot of 4.7 guys on the roster who aren't getting out of position because of speed. Other factors, maybe, but not speed.

I am looking forward to this young man joining the Bison family. Kramer will have fun molding him into a FCS CB and it looks and sounds like he has the athletic qualities to stand out.

@Rivals_Singer: Felix Dixon blocks an East Lake punt and recovers the ball in the end zone for a TD. After an interception by Felix earlier, C-Side now with a 28-7 lead. #HometeamFB

I will be shocked if he sticks with NDSU , he is amazing!!!! Sure hope he does, the next M WILL!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I'm not worried about his weight at all... even if he was 150, it wouldn't bother me. He makes plays.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    He has some speed. There is a problem with what people think is fast. 4.5 is blazing. If we are getting kids that run anything faster than 4.6, they are really fast. A 4.7 is a sub 10.9 in the 100M and that is not slow. 4.3 is world class speed.

This kid ran a 4.68 electronic in February at a Nike camp. That is fast for a 17 year old. If I were the track coach in his HS, I would be begging him to come and at least run some relays. There is no way he is not one of the fastest kids in his school. What would really set him apart would be his quickness. Fast doesn't always equate to quick, but usually guys with good 40 times are quick. There are some power sprinters who take a bit to get going who are not quick but are very fast where the 40 isn't a good measure of speed but it is a good measure of football speed without pads.

Most HS recruits are either lying about their 40 times or their coaches aren't timing them right. These sub 4.4 claims out of HS very rarely translate to as fast by the time they hit the combine. There are a couple of reasons for this. Sometimes it is strength and conditioning bulks them ....

I am looking forward to this young man joining the Bison family. Kramer will have fun molding him into a FCS CB and it looks and sounds like he has the athletic qualities to stand out.
    Most WRs run a minimum 4.5 I don't know why you think a CB running 4.7 is great.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"