Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: USD post-game thoughts.

Default USD post-game thoughts.

Short and sweet this week:

1) We did not deserve to win this game. Congrats to Coach Glenn and the USD team.
    2) We got butchered in the trenches. The QB read option and designed runs will continue to haunt us. Hope we don't play ISU-red this year.
    3) Blame it on the rotation, on the o-line play or on the playcalling but we don't have a run game between the tackles and because of it we don't have an identity.
    4) Our last three and out series was just pathetic.
    5) WIU is no slouch, YSU looks good here and there too. The Valley might not be done with us yet.
    6) This one is going to sting for awhile.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: USD post-game thoughts.

I can sum this game up in one word: sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    I can sum this game up in one word: sloppy.
    For me it's inexcusable.

Our player of the game had 9 carries with 34 yards? Why even name one at that point?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

let the epic bisonville

begin

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Short and sweet this week:

1) We did not deserve to win this game. Congrats to Coach Glenn and the USD team.
    2) We got butchered in the trenches. The QB read option and designed runs will continue to haunt us. Hope we don't play ISU-red this year.
    3) Blame it on the rotation, on the o-line play or on the playcalling but we don't have a run game between the tackles and because of it we don't have an identity.
    4) Our last three and out series was just pathetic.
    5) WIU is no slouch, YSU looks good here and there too. The Valley might not be done with us yet.
    6) This one is going to sting for awhile.
    Losing to ISU sure wouldn't happen in the championship. NDSU has zero shot at making it to Frisco

We're just not that good right now.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhp330 View Post
    let the epic bisonville

begin
    Well deserved meltdown IMO. Do you know when the last time we lost at home to USD? I couldn't tell you because I wasn't alive then and I'm old as shit.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I don't know what to think. If Carson doesn't hurt his ankle in Montana, we win easily. We smoked SDSU and took UNI's best shot.

Until I have more information, I'm going to call this a letdown game and nothing more.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't post a lot. Read daily. Figured what the hell.
    Predictions
    1. Prediction all the experts will come out on bisonville.
    2. People will talk about how it's our right to critic player and coaches.
    3. Discuss power running game.
    4. Discuss inexperienced defense.
    5. We beat Indiana St 35-17 next week.

Analysis
    1. We're a solid football team that relies on Carson to make every big play. We lack game breakers and elite talent like we had in the past.
    2. Our running game is average and this year we need to pass to set up the run. I agree with CAS we don't have an identity. Not saying it needs to be the power run, but we need something we can hang our hat on.
    3. Our defense has flaws, obviously. In my opinion linebacker play is a weakness. I feel like Stumpf and PGT play on their heals and can't shed blocks.
    4. We had a let down, but that's no excuse at this level. Some falls on coaches, some falls on players. Both our accountable.
    5. Better to lose now than later on. Might not win it all but we will be a top 4 team in the end. Team needs to get away from the dome. Seems like we play a little sharper in the past on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Don't post a lot. Read daily. Figured what the hell.
    Predictions
    1. Prediction all the experts will come out on bisonville.
    2. People will talk about how it's our right to critic player and coaches.
    3. Discuss power running game.
    4. Discuss inexperienced defense.
    5. We beat Indiana St 35-17 next week.

Analysis
    1. We're a solid football team that relies on Carson to make every big play. We lack game breakers and elite talent like we had in the past.
    2. Our running game is average and this year we need to pass to set up the run. I agree with CAS we don't have an identity. Not saying it needs to be the power run, but we need something we can hang our hat on.
    3. Our defense has flaws, obviously. In my opinion linebacker play is a weakness. I feel like Stumpf and PGT play on their heals and can't shed blocks.
    4. We had a let down, but that's no excuse at this level. Some falls on coaches, some falls on players. Both our accountable.
    5. Better to lose now than later on. Might not win it all but we will be a top 4 team in the end. Team needs to get away from the dome. Seems like we play a little sharper in the past on the road.
    #3!!!!!!!!!!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!