Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: USD post-game thoughts.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: USD post-game thoughts.

[QUOTE=silkamilkamonico;1050947]
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post

How many shit teams have beat the Bison this year to establish it a pattern? Putting up 21 points against a shit team at home sucks and is embarrasing. Yes. Where's the pattern in that? We dropped 40+ on a Weber St team that is not as bad as everyone thought, in terms of Big Sky conference. We dropped 34 on UND in the 3 quarters they decided to actually try. WE pumped a very good SDSU team with 28 on the road and had an outstanding defensive effort. We scored 31 against UNI which is a team we usually struggle with.

I laugh at Alabama fans who call into their radio station because Saban isn't Godly perfect and win every game in the SEC against top 15+ opponents by 30 points and drop 40 on teams like LSU. This is eerily similar. Our offense isn't perfect. It has holes. It still averages something like 34+ points a game. Maybe I need to start laughing at NDSU fans because they actually are expecting the offense to average 50+ every game. Because that's what would happen if NDSU's offense all of a sudden had a dominant run game, and attacked successfully all 4 quarters.

The game against USD was an embarrassment. The team and the program aren't all of a sudden an embarrassment. It's games like this that make me grateful for us NOT being in FBS, where shit actually gets hard week in and out and I wouldn't have to listen to the constant crying of how bad our 8+ win program year in and out (which we would probably be), sucks.
    Seriously! You can't see a pattern? The lack of third down conversion efficiency by the offense throughout the season is not a pattern? The lack of scoring in the second half in every game is not a pattern? The inability to consistently run between the tackles all season is not a pattern? Take off the rose-colored glasses, it might help you see more clearly.

the shitty part is we had 0 turnovers. they had 2

Oh boy are there some hot takes on BV tonight...Man this place sucks after losses.

We are 0-2 in games decided in last 10 seconds of the game this year. 1-2 (miraculously) for games decided in last minute. We should not be in this position.

Bison this year..........over-rated!

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

To bring a smile when we are all so down...

Our old friend Jamal Spencer is making national headlines for the wrong reasons. I love Jamal and I hope he is able to laugh through this one..

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/lo...ium=socialflow

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Oh boy are there some hot takes on BV tonight...Man this place sucks after losses.
    ok dreamer.....live in your fantasy world.....the rest of us saw a Bison team that really sucked this afternoon.

I think the biggest issue with the line is penalties. How many big runs out big plays have been called back because of holding in the back side of the play.

Also I know Wentz is supposed to be in God mode but how many times are we going to begin a drive with a pass that is incomplete run the ball for 4 or 5 and end up with a midrange 3rd down. A lot of out successful drives start with the run because then another run out short dump pass work better...

I love the wheel route we ran in the last couple of games and it has seemed to work. Did we try that at all today. Honestly asking because I didn't notice it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oh one other question... Is there a reason we haven't used the fullback draw? I thought it have a great change of pace to our offense. Is it because bonnet is no longer our fullback?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So the team was flat. But why was tailgating flat too? Or the crowd? Seems everyone went into this game with zero enthusiasm.

Sometimes the fans end to get the players pumped after a big game. It didn't happen but you thought it wouldn't be needed.