Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to expect for USD

Default What to expect for USD

What are some opinions on what we expect from the Bison for the USD game??

Status quo from the offense? As in, mixed run/pass like we have seen so far. Or will Coach P try to establish the power run game? Or nothing fancy...same formula?

Defense?

USD is no UNI. I think the Bison might try to run a little more but I'm sure USD will try to take away the run. USD is still rebuilding and is not ready to beat the Bison.

The coaches will have the team ready to kick butt and that is what they will do. I think the defense will step up and handle anything USD comes up with. Maybe not a shut out but something like the Weber and UND games.....great defensive effort.

I think Carson will shred the Coyote defense.

I hope this is a game where the 2s can get some significant time.

What do you guys think?

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What to expect for USD

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    What are some opinions on what we expect from the Bison for the USD game??

Status quo from the offense? As in, mixed run/pass like we have seen so far. Or will Coach P try to establish the power run game? Or nothing fancy...same formula?

Defense?

USD is no UNI. I think the Bison might try to run a little more but I'm sure USD will try to take away the run. USD is still rebuilding and is not ready to beat the Bison.

The coaches will have the team ready to kick butt and that is what they will do. I think the defense will step up and handle anything USD comes up with. Maybe not a shut out but something like the Weber and UND games.....great defensive effort.

I think Carson will shred the Coyote defense.

I hope this is a game where the 2s can get some significant time.

What do you guys think?
    I'd come out with 3, 4, 5 receiver sets early and often. Do we really think USD has the depth in the secondary to contain Wentz? It's not like we are going to come out and run the west coast all of a sudden, so why not put the ball in your best players hands more often than not. If nothing else, we can give D coordinators something else to worry about and perhaps get them away from scheming with 8 or 9 at the LOS. This is one game we should be able to impose our will from the get go, on both sides of the ball.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

I saw a little of their game last weekend. They did an onside kick right after their first score, it was a success but they ended up punting that possession. They did use the read option and ran sometimes with no huddle, so would expect them to test the Bison defense.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

If I was an opposing coach I would consider running no huddle against us. First it negates some of our depth as its hard to sub guys. Secondly, we seem to be more vanilla on defense in against no huddle. I don't see as many last second shifts. I think one of our strengths is disguising our defense and I wonder if we are less able to do that against up tempo teams.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    If I was an opposing coach I would consider running no huddle against us. First it negates some of our depth as its hard to sub guys. Secondly, we seem to be more vanilla on defense in against no huddle. I don't see as many last second shifts. I think one of our strengths is disguising our defense and I wonder if we are less able to do that against up tempo teams.
    I agree. I think what the no huddle does it puts the Bison in a base defense and you are relying on young, inexperienced guys to call the defense. Eventually they won't be inexperienced any longer.

I wonder if we will see the same fake punt like last year with 7 of the 11 players 15 yards down field. Even Joe Glenn had a good laugh at that one.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see the same outcome as the last 4 years

I'm expecting to see some second and third stringers get some quality playing time in.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Well if there is a possibility of a "let down" game this is it. You just played our historical rival, followed by our trophy rival, followed by our real rival, and won all three...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their coach is probably going to try some weird plays because he is probably trying to save his job at this point. Either they will catch us off guard or fail miserably.