Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrius Shepherd

Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

Darrius on the Practice Squad now:

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/s...48390944100353

So, in terms of salary...…...does he get his pay for the first year of his 3 year deal OR does he get the practice squad base salary?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    So, in terms of salary...…...does he get his pay for the first year of his 3 year deal OR does he get the practice squad base salary?
    It would be prorated salary for the # of games he played, so he made a few hundred grand. For the practice squad, its 8 grand a week, so decent money. He did log 1 year in the NFL which counts towards the 3 year minimum requirement for the NFL pension. It's like 20 grand a year at retirement age. 30-40k with 3-4 seasons. Practice squad doesnt count towards that. Also they get licensing checks of about 12 grand a year.

So if Shep can make an nfl roster for 2 more years, he will be set up will for the future. He would have already earned

If not he will have a degree with no debt, have earned a few hundred grand, and will have a bright future... all at the old age of 24

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

not 1 team offered. that surprised me, I thought he had enough on tape to help him.

cmon vikings.. #Fail they needed a #3 slot guy!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: Darius Sheperd

Aaron Rodgers and his receivers, and Darius Shepherd.

Watched Green Bay implode against San Francisco yesterday, despite some of the positives. A positive: Rodgers was 31 of 39 in passing (for 326 yards, a lot of yards). The negatives: fumbles, interception, a few bad throws by Rodgers (behind receivers, for example), Rodgers 6 of 6 early in the game, but resulted in negative yardage which is pretty incredible. Good article on cbssports this AM on Rodgers - the rare article questioning his QB skills. The main criticism: Rodgers is too conservative - part of the evidence is he waits too long to find his target; he was the second slowest in the NFL last year on his throwing times. I would add he may be too conservative with new receivers - I would suggest he does not give new receivers enough chances and perhaps he has a slight bias against players from non-pedigree (FBS) schools. (maybe I am being unfair here).

Besides Darius who got cut, the Packers have Jake Kumerow from Div III Wisconsin-Whitewater - one of the two Div III powerhouses along with with Mount Union. Jake is 6'4" 209 lbs. Very few throws to him, although he has had consistent playing time. Caught 13 passes for the entire year. He dropped one against Seattle on an outside route near the sidelines and if I recall, Rodgers never threw to him again after that as if he did not trust him. He seemed to do this with an Darrius, who got open several times and Rodgers never threw to him.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I used to not mind him too much but he is trending down after reading some articles with quotes from old teammates on how Rogers treats pretty much everyone like shit. Especially receivers good and bad. Rogers’ trust is gold all while you have Carson throwing balls to anyone with a pulse wearing an eagles jersey just trying to win, and for the most part was successful.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I used to not mind him too much but he is trending down after reading some articles with quotes from old teammates on how Rogers treats pretty much everyone like shit. Especially receivers good and bad. Rogers’ trust is gold all while you have Carson throwing balls to anyone with a pulse wearing an eagles jersey just trying to win, and for the most part was successful.
    And his first state agent isn't a very good agent if he let's him date that she devil. Always thought Rodgers was gay. She's probably just a cover up anyways. To think you have to hide it this day and age. Silly.

Lardsin must go!

If Carson were to sign with the packers one day, I think I'd kill myself
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Rodgers doesn't suffer fools - and to some extent one has to have this attitude to build a championship team. But on the other hand, young and new folks who may be nervous and don't have the confidence of a combat veteran need a chance. As 23Bison said, Wentz seems to a great job getting his receivers balls, spreading it around and the team rallys around him.

The Pack does not have this same vibe. (Kobe had the same problem with the Lakers). Hurts the team when everyone needs to be on the 'championship' page to win the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Rodgers doesn't suffer fools - and to some extent one has to have this attitude to build a championship team. But on the other hand, young and new folks who may be nervous and don't have the confidence of a combat veteran need a chance. As 23Bison said, Wentz seems to a great job getting his receivers balls, spreading it around and the team rallys around him.

The Pack does not have this same vibe. (Kobe had the same problem with the Lakers). Hurts the team when everyone needs to be on the 'championship' page to win the big ones.
    Here's the aforementioned article someone shared on another thread. Definitely doesn't paint a very rosey picture of A-a-ron:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-in-green-bay
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery