Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrius Shepherd

Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Buddy, I’m sure you’re a cool guy. No hard feelings here. Good luck getting off that high horse when the time comes. I’ll gladly be your footstool if you need one.
    From “zero f@cks given to what you think” to “no hard feelings here.” You really are a bullshitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    From “zero f@cks given to what you think” to “no hard feelings here.” You really are a bullshitter!
    You’re mistaking “kindness” and “willing to move on” with giving a fuck what you think.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

and Im the one on moderation

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ahem. So does anyone want to talk about Shep, or are we just going to keep playing ‘who can show their ass the most?’

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Ahem. So does anyone want to talk about Shep, or are we just going to keep playing ‘who can show their ass the most?’
    I predict 40 catches, 585 yards and 4 TDs this season for Shepherd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Anyone have an idea if he’ll actually play a role in their offense? Or is he going to be a special teams only guy. All that talk about him being the only true slot-type was encouraging. Rodgers loves guys who can get open on an extended play

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Anyone have an idea if he’ll actually play a role in their offense? Or is he going to be a special teams only guy. All that talk about him being the only true slot-type was encouraging. Rodgers loves guys who can get open on an extended play
    It seems to me that being the "slot guy" is his only real route to sticking around the NFL. He doesn't have the burner speed to be a KR unless they plan to use him as a guy who can consistently catch a fair kick and perhaps advance bad punts. He would be to the Packers what Eric Perkins was to us. That's not a bad thing per say as catching it and consistently picking up 10-15 yards when allowed is better than having a speedster that fumbles it consistently by trying to break it on every touch. Either way, at this point if Darius can stick for a couple years he will have a monstrous head start on life and will be able to work post football in any career he wants while still be able to live very comfortably. He has earned it, good for him!

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I think he provides a matchup problem. His football IQ will let him recognize patterns and get open. The ball will be there for him.

I think he provides a matchup problem. His football IQ will let him recognize patterns and get open. The ball will be there for him.
    A few of those articles during preseason were saying how good we was at breaking off routes and getting open when he needs to. Fits Rodgers playing style well, too.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It seems to me that being the "slot guy" is his only real route to sticking around the NFL. He doesn't have the burner speed to be a KR unless they plan to use him as a guy who can consistently catch a fair kick and perhaps advance bad punts. He would be to the Packers what Eric Perkins was to us. That's not a bad thing per say as catching it and consistently picking up 10-15 yards when allowed is better than having a speedster that fumbles it consistently by trying to break it on every touch. Either way, at this point if Darius can stick for a couple years he will have a monstrous head start on life and will be able to work post football in any career he wants while still be able to live very comfortably. He has earned it, good for him!
    Yeah, don't have to be a burner to return punts. I think that is how I'd use him for sure.