Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrius Shepherd

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Darius Sheperd

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Here's the aforementioned article someone shared on another thread. Definitely doesn't paint a very rosey picture of A-a-ron:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-in-green-bay
    Hard to know what to believe. I remember a bunch of bullshit stories about Carson this year too....

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Hard to know what to believe. I remember a bunch of bullshit stories about Carson this year too....
    Agree. Lots of sources referenced here, though. I've said elsewhere, I've always admired Aaron, even as a Vikings fan. I was surprised to see these accounts.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Here's the aforementioned article someone shared on another thread. Definitely doesn't paint a very rosey picture of A-a-ron:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-in-green-bay
    Here is an excerpt from that article that jives with the point I made above that he does not give young new receivers enough chances. (put differently, he does not know how to develop certain players and build confidence in them. Championship leaders, on the other hand, know how to have a hand in these two things IMO).

The excerpt: "He'll [Rogers will] throw you in the doghouse. One former Packers scout says Rodgers can be brutally tough on young players. Sometimes, it's necessary. Other times? Not so much. The scout points to Jeff Janis, a 2014 seventh-round flier with rare size (6'3", 220 pounds) and speed (4.42 in the 40) who quickly became a fan favorite—and Rodgers' favorite whipping boy. It was enough to alarm the scout, even though he also wasn't high on Janis as a player. 'Janis got into the doghouse really quick, and he [Rogers] just never let him out,' he says. 'He didn't even give the kid a chance. And the tough part is Janis is actually a good person. And they used to dog him. Other people did what Aaron did. They used to dog Janis.' What does this doghouse look like? Easy. Rodgers can do no wrong. 'He doesn't make a mistake. It's always the receiver's fault.'"

This account meshes pretty well with what it seems like was D. Shepherd's experience. Why Rodgers never threw to Darius, even when he was open, I thought was strange. He wd look at Darius and then throw to a different receiver who as in coverage. Seemed to make no sense.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Here is an excerpt from that article that jives with the point I made above that he does not give young new receivers enough chances. (put differently, he does not know how to develop certain players and build confidence in them. Championship leaders, on the other hand, know how to have a hand in these two things IMO).

The excerpt: "He'll [Rogers will] throw you in the doghouse. One former Packers scout says Rodgers can be brutally tough on young players. Sometimes, it's necessary. Other times? Not so much. The scout points to Jeff Janis, a 2014 seventh-round flier with rare size (6'3", 220 pounds) and speed (4.42 in the 40) who quickly became a fan favorite—and Rodgers' favorite whipping boy. It was enough to alarm the scout, even though he also wasn't high on Janis as a player. 'Janis got into the doghouse really quick, and he [Rogers] just never let him out,' he says. 'He didn't even give the kid a chance. And the tough part is Janis is actually a good person. And they used to dog him. Other people did what Aaron did. They used to dog Janis.' What does this doghouse look like? Easy. Rodgers can do no wrong. 'He doesn't make a mistake. It's always the receiver's fault.'"

This account meshes pretty well with what it seems like was D. Shepherd's experience. Why Rodgers never threw to Darius, even when he was open, I thought was strange. He wd look at Darius and then throw to a different receiver who as in coverage. Seemed to make no sense.
    My blood pressure raised a bit reading this the first time. Made me wish Shep was on a different team.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

'He doesn't make a mistake. It's always the receiver's fault.'"

Doesn't take a genius to know this. Just watch 20 min of any Packers game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post

Darrius is deservedly on the practice squad right now as he botched his chance at special teams. He was pretty terrible at punt returning. His confidence just got shot to pieces there somehow. That being said, the INT that bounced off his helmet was on Rodgers. When you throw that far behind your receiver and they slip trying to adjust to a bad pass, then the QB is at fault. If that ball is on target to the outside, then Shep has 6. It sucks that he lost all that confidence he had in the preseason. He was balling in the preseason and then just fell flat. We are only left speculating as to why his confidence evaporated.

Long before Shep was a Bison, let alone a Packer...most of America could see that Rodgers was a Dick-Douche- Douche-Dick.

Don't know much about Rodgers, but Shep is lucky to be on the practice squad after his game from hell.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Given the lack of sure hands on the Eagles, it is somewhat surprising Wentz didn't(?) lobby to pick up Shepard. Surely there was room on the PS to take a look and DS would have been a inexpensive audition.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Given the lack of sure hands on the Eagles, it is somewhat surprising Wentz didn't(?) lobby to pick up Shepard. Surely there was room on the PS to take a look and DS would have been a inexpensive audition.
    Had the Eagles signed him he would have taken up a roster spot for 3 weeks minimum.