Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrius Shepherd

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Darius Sheperd

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Given the lack of sure hands on the Eagles, it is somewhat surprising Wentz didn't(?) lobby to pick up Shepard. Surely there was room on the PS to take a look and DS would have been a inexpensive audition.
    Yeah...but his game against the Lions was just rough. I know the ball was thrown behind him, but he's got to make that catch. It's going to be tough to lobby the front office to get that guy.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Yeah...but his game against the Lions was just rough. I know the ball was thrown behind him, but he's got to make that catch. It's going to be tough to lobby the front office to get that guy.
    I’m not sure. If I recall, it hit his helmet after he slipped trying to adjust. I don’t think he got his hands. Maybe the recollection is bad, but again, that starts with Rodgers. The punt returns were all Shep though.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For whatever reason I watched way too many Packer games this year and Aaron Rodgers consistently threw this pass behind (I know I saw at least 4) his receiver just like he did with Shep. Yes Shep had the fumble on a punt too but way too little blame goes to the golden child for the throws.

He's got to make that catch, when it was badly thrown, and perhaps was not reasonably catchable?
    And then Rodgers (apparently) decides he ain't worth throwing to again, so gave up on him? Ain't interested in seeing what the kid can do, even though in college he was a clutch player? Show me a receiver in the NFL who gets only one crappy throw, isn't able to hold on (if they are able to get their hands on it at all), and then deserves to be thrown back into the doghouse, or to be considered by the QB as not deserving another chance. I agree that Darius did not show his best when he got some playing time, but he did not get much opportunity at his strength - as a receiver.

(As others have posted here, at least Darius is still on the practice squad. I think Lazard was on the PS at the beginning of the season; he got playing time in the NFC Championship, and (if I remember right) dropped one ball thrown right to him though was great on his other catches).

I hope he gets another shot with a different quarterback. From what we hear in this article, maybe not the best guy to try and build confidence in a young receiver.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Here is a good catch - a tough catch - made by Shepherd in a pre-season game. Packers QB was Boyle (not Rodgers).
    At about 2:25 of the video. Shepherd is #10. If ya take a look at his muffed punt in the Lions game, Shepherd caught the ball, but he didn't give the fair catch signal, so he got popped as soon as he brought the ball to his chest and then fumbled it. Am I giving Darius some 'luv' here and benefit of the doubt. Yep. He didn't NOT catch it; his mistake was not calling a fair catch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lWrCM-tfkc

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Long before Shep was a Bison, let alone a Packer...most of America could see that Rodgers was a Dick-Douche- Douche-Dick.
    Yeah, somehow folks must not notice his body language. You can always tell how petty he is. Worst was after the clean hit Barr put on him to hurt him, he blames Barr for the injury. How is he rewarded for being an idiot asshole? They change the rules to make clean hits, a QB could easily avoid, illegal.

And man, did he hate when Favre schooled him in '09; you could literally see the hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Here is a good catch - a tough catch - made by Shepherd in a pre-season game. Packers QB was Boyle (not Rodgers).
    At about 2:25 of the video. Shepherd is #10. If ya take a look at his muffed punt in the Lions game, Shepherd caught the ball, but he didn't give the fair catch signal, so he got popped as soon as he brought the ball to his chest and then fumbled it. Am I giving Darius some 'luv' here and benefit of the doubt. Yep. He didn't NOT catch it; his mistake was not calling a fair catch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lWrCM-tfkc

That return is indefensible. It's like he forgot how to play football.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yeah, somehow folks must not notice his body language. You can always tell how petty he is. Worst was after the clean hit Barr put on him to hurt him, he blames Barr for the injury. How is he rewarded for being an idiot asshole? They change the rules to make clean hits, a QB could easily avoid, illegal.

And man, did he hate when Favre schooled him in '09; you could literally see the hatred.
    He shows supreme effort out there too... like after he fumbled this snap in scoring position with a chance for his team to get back into the game.

https://youtu.be/ma9XORfw_bM?t=3m50s

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

I lost all respect for him after the Barr hit. Such an arrogant little diva. Also, overrated at this point in his career.