Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread: Darrius Shepherd

Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

Shepherd invited to Detroit Lions camp: https://twitter.com/XFL_PR/status/1654259612336418817

Also listed: everyone's favorite pick-throwin' former JMU QB

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Shepherd invited to Detroit Lions camp: https://twitter.com/XFL_PR/status/1654259612336418817

Also listed: everyone's favorite pick-throwin' former JMU QB
    great honor. go Darrius
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Chargers added a well-travelled wide receiver to the roster on Thursday.

The team announced the signing of wide receiver Darrius Shepherd. No terms of the deal were disclosed.

Shepherd made the Packers as an undrafted free agent in 2019 and played in 14 games over the next two seasons. He had six catches for 47 yards and averaged 18.7 yards per kickoff return.

After leaving Green Bay, Shepherd has spent time with the Chiefs, Cardinals, Vikings, Steelers, and Broncos. He also played in the USFL last year and moved on to the Battlehawks of the XFL this year.

Shepherd caught 48 passes for 519 yards and six touchdowns while also being named the league’s top special teams player.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Stick to Shep! Super Bowl! Hopefully not toxic locker room!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Shep on the field now.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Shep on the field now.
    Love Shep, but he will definitely be cut. He was injured for much of training camp and he needed to be healthy. Shep has played non-stop football for the last year, so I am not surprised he had some minor injuries. His body has to be tired from all that. Shep is an absolute warrior and Inlook forward to watching him in whatever league he lands at next.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Love Shep, but he will definitely be cut. He was injured for much of training camp and he needed to be healthy. Shep has played non-stop football for the last year, so I am not surprised he had some minor injuries. His body has to be tired from all that. Shep is an absolute warrior and Inlook forward to watching him in whatever league he lands at next.
    I have realized that being a good athlete with all the physical tools is one thing, consistently running a route to stay open so that you are available to your QB is another thing. I thought Shep did not do well in the second category. He was running on the field all day but just did not look open and available for his QB. I agree he is playing with a 3rd string QB but he was not a factor in the passing game. He did do well in the jet sweep and such but not much as a WR. Ronnie Bell from 9ers is a good example, he is physically not intimidating like Kittle or is not fast like Deebo but he somehow always was open and available for Trey and Sam and they love throwing it to him. I wish Shep ran a better route, I do agree unfortunately he will get cut from the chargers.

Shep released from Chargers.

Darius is #11 on the St Louis Battlehawks roster. He had 5 catches for 34 yards in their week 1 loss.

Zack Johnson is #68 on the Birmingham Stallions roster, but I couldn't find his thread.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013