Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 443

Thread: Darrius Shepherd

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    From StL lives in ND
    Posts
    10,332
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

    A little something I saw on twitter

    Matt LaFleur on Darrius Shepherd after rookie's rough Monday night: "We’ll stick with Darrius. You know we trust him. It’s unfortunate that happened. All you can do is, guess you got to learn from it. He’s a young player. I don’t think you just cut the cord off one mistake."

    https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/s...406015490?s=21



    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    456
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

    Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    A little something I saw on twitter

    Matt LaFleur on Darrius Shepherd after rookie's rough Monday night: "Well stick with Darrius. You know we trust him. Its unfortunate that happened. All you can do is, guess you got to learn from it. Hes a young player. I dont think you just cut the cord off one mistake."

    https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/s...406015490?s=21

    Guys get boot every week for less than Shep did.

    Hope that was his bad game for the year

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    9,553

    Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

    Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Guys get boot every week for less than Shep did.

    Hope that was his bad game for the year
    None the other guys got booted from the Packers that had similar issues on Monday.
    Hail the BISON!!!

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

    Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    A little something I saw on twitter

    Matt LaFleur on Darrius Shepherd after rookie's rough Monday night: "We’ll stick with Darrius. You know we trust him. It’s unfortunate that happened. All you can do is, guess you got to learn from it. He’s a young player. I don’t think you just cut the cord off one mistake."

    https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/s...406015490?s=21
    This makes me appreciate Lafleur. The fans were certainly calling for Shep’s release after Monday’s performance, but thankfully they don’t make the call. We see hyped guys like Christian Hackenburg and Brock Osweiler get several chances after proving time and time again that something is just missing, while undrafted guys get the boot for one mistake. The Packers liked something in Shep, and unless some all world slot receiver/returner becomes available, I think they are smart to develop him and see if the potential that they saw in him can come to fruition.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,745

    Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    This makes me appreciate Lafleur. The fans were certainly calling for Shep’s release after Monday’s performance, but thankfully they don’t make the call. We see hyped guys like Christian Hackenburg and Brock Osweiler get several chances after proving time and time again that something is just missing, while undrafted guys get the boot for one mistake. The Packers liked something in Shep, and unless some all world slot receiver/returner becomes available, I think they are smart to develop him and see if the potential that they saw in him can come to fruition.
    Osweiler retired from football according to ESPN; 7 years was enough for him.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    391

    Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

    Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Osweiler retired from football according to ESPN; 7 years was enough for him.
    The $41 million he "earned" in those 7 years makes that decision a bit easier.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Does Shep need to make that catch? Yes.

    Did he get a bit unlucky slipping on the turf adjusting to the throw? Yes.

    Those are not mutually exclusive statements.
    Also does Aaron Rodgers need to put the ball on the pylon so that Shep scores? Yes

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    636

    Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

    It helps him significantly that the Packer wide receiving corp is a MASH unit and they need all the healthy bodies they can get. If everyone was healthy it might be a different story on keeping him.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,498

    Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

    Hopefully Shep bounces back and makes some plays next game.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

    Quote Originally Posted by Green-N-Gold View Post
    It helps him significantly that the Packer wide receiving corp is a MASH unit and they need all the healthy bodies they can get. If everyone was healthy it might be a different story on keeping him.
    It also helps that Shep took the initiative to learn the playbook better than most of the other receivers on the team and that Davante Adams has taken him under his wing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •